beardie hasnt ate in 2 weeks and poop not looking good

hi my beardie had a full body shed and now hasnt ate at all in a 2 and half weeks i took to pet shop when she hadn't ate in 3 days they said this is completely normal after a big shed but still waiting on her to eat ive tried all her favourite live food and veggies she is drinking still and now this is her poop (inserted picture underneath) is this normal poop after not eating or does this sound like parasites? also she is sleeping under her rock alot more but still is appearing for a good few hours a day need some help please any advice would be appreciated thank you

paigedevlin

Original Poster
Screenshot_20230423-163405.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like brumation or semi brumation - the poop looks fine shes hydrated which is good - to rule this semi brumation out lets go over the surface basking temps - they should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and a long tube fixture for a UVB - NO coils please--- this can simulate brumation behavior so we want to rule this out first -- any colored bulbs in the tank ?

paigedevlin

Original Poster
Sounds like brumation or semi brumation - the poop looks fine shes hydrated which is good - to rule this semi brumation out lets go over the surface basking temps - they should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and a long tube fixture for a UVB - NO coils please--- this can simulate brumation behavior so we want to rule this out first -- any colored bulbs in the tank ?
hi i have attaches

paigedevlin

Original Poster
Exo Terra Terrarium Daylight Basking Spot 100 Watts

Exo Terra Reptile UVB 100 Fluorescent Light 15w ...
15 Watt

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Exo Terra Terrarium Daylight Basking Spot 100 Watts

Exo Terra Reptile UVB 100 Fluorescent Light 15w ...
15 Watt
Ok so please get a Reptisun bulb they are a better quality bulb ---- where is the UVB at? Top of screen inside the tank? Is this a T 8 bulb I am assuming it is --- I would look at upgrading that fixture to one of these especially for a 50 + gallon tank --
24" this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you will need the bulb I post for it
22" Reptisun Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb
this one can be found at Pet Smart you want the 24 watt 12% bulb
Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
or this one you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun above and you need the 2ft or 24" inche
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
this could be a good reason your dragon has stopped eating --- please let me know when you get the UVB I will help you get it placed for the tank your screen will determine where it goes for placement and distance --

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
hi my beardie had a full body shed and now hasn't ate at all in a 2 and half weeks i took to pet shop when she hadn't ate in 3 days they said this is completely normal after a big shed but still waiting on her to eat ive tried all her favourite live food and veggies she is drinking still and now this is her poop (inserted picture underneath) is this normal poop after not eating or does this sound like parasites? also she is sleeping under her rock alot more but still is appearing for a good few hours a day need some help please any advice would be appreciated thank you
As KarrieRee said his poop looks healthy. Have you been mixing up his vegetables and insects? Sometimes bearded dragons are very picky 😂. Since this is after he finished shedding this is pretty normal. Is it getting a lot more colder where you are as when it gets cold bearded dragons tend to Brumate.

paigedevlin

Original Poster
As KarrieRee said his poop looks healthy. Have you been mixing up his vegetables and insects? Sometimes bearded dragons are very picky 😂. Since this is after he finished shedding this is pretty normal. Is it getting a lot more colder where you are as when it gets cold bearded dragons tend to Brumate.
ive tried some of beardies favourite fruit and veg wont even touch it will lick the juices though😂! and im in england its starting to become sunny but can be quite cold in our home when open window to air out so possible it could be to cold for him x

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ive tried some of beardies favourite fruit and veg wont even touch it will lick the juices though😂! and im in england its starting to become sunny but can be quite cold in our home when open window to air out so possible it could be to cold for him x
Yes what are the temps in the tank? Cold rooms will / can cool off tanks - that will make him not want to eat -

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh so you are in England/UK area?
Definitely, the weather & length of day drastically affects their appetites & activity. You can try to
keep her a little warmer during the day, just a couple of degrees increase, to see if that helps out
for her.
To help with her appetite, you can try some blackstrap molasses or bee pollen to stimulate the
appetite some.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom