Beardie has swollen lumps around her eye

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is very good news about the costs, compared to the original quotes. It sounds like
Butternut has good spirits, too. I am so sorry he is having to go through this, I know it has
to be terribly stressful for you both.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

affinenine

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Butternut
Well, after looking into the cryoablation, turns out many of the costs were "hidden" and total comes out to nearly as much as surgery to remove the eye. I was quoted over $200 just for the initial office visit! I'm saddened that this is not something that I have the means to afford. I feel like I'm letting my poor baby down.

Butternut is still doing well despite everything, eating and basking as she normally does. However, I'm noticing some new bumps cropping up. My first vet did assure me that the chances of metastasis for her type of sarcoma is low and typically appears in the very late stages (which Ms. Nut is not in) which is hopeful. I'm going to continue calling around to see if any vet colleges would be willing to take her on as a patient for training purposes. Usually, they offer care at a discounted rate. I'll keep everyone posted.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Thanks for the update on Butternut, a good appetite is a good sign for the time being. Too bad the cost of the treatment is so high, I hope you find someplace that can help your girl.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh that is too bad, very unfortunate! I honestly wish that the costs would be reduced for vet
visits & procedures. It makes it out of reach financially, for most people. They need to make
things affordable.
I hope she is doing well & I'm glad to hear she is hanging in there right now. Let us know if
you are able to find another avenue.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom