Beardie has dark spot on foot and won't eat. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rochac1974

111899-6964388666.jpg
111899-4709816854.jpg
Someone please help. The vet's in the area I live don't seem to know what they are doing! My daughter took her beardie to the vet on Friday for a few reasons. She had little to no appetite, she was constipated, and her main concern was her back left foot. She was fine up until about 2 weeks ago she noticed her interest in food was lacking. Toots, her beardie, is or was a very healthy eater. Then she noticed she wasn't pooping. And she started sleeping alot. During all of this she noticed she wasn't running around everywhere like she always does and she started self checking her beardie and that's when she noticed the spot on her foot and her little toe is stiff and painful to the touch. She mentioned this to the supposed vet and all she said was it was a small rash and she'll be fine. Well I don't think it's a rash! It's something more serious and obviously painful to her. So I put 2 little bandages on each side of her foot to keep it from catching on anything. And that is when i noticed the little spots on her belly. She has finally pooped, last night, but still not wanting to eat. can someone please tell me what I should do. Taking her to the vet obviously didn't work and when we called her to ask about her foot all she said was well were going to have to schedule and new appointment, new appointment fees along with any and all tests! This person is ridiculous!! Please help
111899-6441732617.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post a pic of the foot https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post --- please go over the lighting in the tank UVB brand and bulb NO coils please they are NO good -- basking temps and how are you taking them ? NO stick ons you need a digital probe thermometer to get actual basking temps - NO colored bulbs please No heat mats or rocks and please NO sand -- how old is the dragon?

rochac1974

Original Poster
Please post a pic of the foot https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post --- please go over the lighting in the tank UVB brand and bulb NO coils please they are NO good -- basking temps and how are you taking them ? NO stick ons you need a digital probe thermometer to get actual basking temps - NO colored bulbs please No heat mats or rocks and please NO sand -- how old is the dragon?[/quote]

She is less than a year old. About 6 months. She's my daughters so I will have to get information from her. I'll ask her to send me a picture of her terrarium. I know she uses eco earth for her tank. She eats super worms and crickets, bathes her maybe twice weekly.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the UVB your using coil or tube? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them NO STICKS ONS PLEASE AND NO COIL UVB'S-

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't like how the bottom of that toe looks. It is very dark like the tissue is dying. That could indicate that the toe has become infected. It may have gotten caught on something or bitten by a bug of something like that. It's hard to say for sure what the cause was. Since it is so dark and looks to be withering a bit, I would try applying a topical antibiotic cream like neosporin (plain, without pain reliever). If the dark area appears to move further up the hand, then that may indicate that infection is spreading and a vet will need to treat it. I would probably seek the opinion of a different vet before returning to the last one you visited, if possible. Can you post some more photos of the toe from different angles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom