Beardie has black beard all day

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
this morning I went to feed my bearded dragon and he had a black/dark gray beard and refused to eat. he went poop like normal but still has the black beard and its been hours. he also later pooped while I was holding him. but it seemed more liquidy.

Attachments

• IMG_2275.jpg
    IMG_2275.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2276.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 81

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
this morning I went to feed my bearded dragon and he had a black/dark gray beard and refused to eat. he went poop like normal but still has the black beard and its been hours. he also later pooped while I was holding him. but it seemed more liquidy.
He's in distress or pain- please go over the uvb coil or long tube fixture-- surface basking temps and how your taking them? We need to start there

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, please review your lighting, temperatures & supplementation for us. How long has his beard
been dark, other than here recently.
What foods is he eating?
Please let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
Update on the dragon please
Hi. so sorry i completely forgot as he ended up going back to normal about a few minutes after I posted this. it seemed something was upset with his stomach but after he pooped a second time he lost the black beard and started eating in the morning and has had no issues since. his basking temp is around 110 and his UVB is a long tube fixture.

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
Hello,

Yes, please review your lighting, temperatures & supplementation for us. How long has his beard
been dark, other than here recently.
What foods is he eating?
Please let us know how he is doing.

Tracie
He has a UVB long tube fixture. The basking temp is around 110. he eats mustard greens. collard greens and turnip greens and occasionally kale. plus green and red peppers every other day and these are rotated. he eats dubias that are gut-loaded with said veggies. and has calcium supplement and herpavite multivitamin and is fed bee pollen on top of his salad. he has had no issues since my first post luckily and his beard went normal right after. and sorry for the late update I totally forgot!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you know what tube bulb brand you have, Reptisun or Arcadia?
That's wonderful he is eating his greens & veggies, excellent. How is he doing today?
Are you using a digital probe or temp gun to measure the temperatures?
A lot of them really love the bee pollen so that is nice it works out for him, mixed in &
on top of his salad. I'm glad his beard isn't dark anymore!

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He has a UVB long tube fixture. The basking temp is around 110. he eats mustard greens. collard greens and turnip greens and occasionally kale. plus green and red peppers every other day and these are rotated. he eats dubias that are gut-loaded with said veggies. and has calcium supplement and herpavite multivitamin and is fed bee pollen on top of his salad. he has had no issues since my first post luckily and his beard went normal right after. and sorry for the late update I totally forgot!!
Have we gone over the correct placement and distance w/ you for the UVB? If not we should so you know hes getting adequate UVB rays-- glad to hear hes back to normal coloring --- it is worrisome when they do this and we dont know what is going on

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Keep us posted on him! I hope he is feeling better & that he continues to improve. Is he eating
again now?

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom