Beardie had runny nose??

I have a male beardie about 6 years old, he came to me very picky at eating and a few other issues. I had to make him slurries to eat his greens that I will blend up and use a dropper to drip on his nose that he licks off. Well today I fed him his slurry and I was wiping off his chin and noticed a little discharge coming out his nose. I thought it might have been his slurrie so I wiped it off and set him down. He started breathing heavy after this and puffing his beard. Then more discharge came out his nose (it was clear discharge) so again I wiped it away. Since then he has not breathed heavy again or had more discharge. So I’m not sure if it was the slurrie maybe getting in his nostril that made his act like this and have that mucous?? Should I call the vet tomorrow or just keep an eye on him? Temps are good, warm end is 87-90 ambient with basking around 100 and cool end around 78. Night temps never drop below 72. Arcadia uvb mounted inside.
He is also getting ready to shed around his mouth and eyes and nose so I’m also not sure if that could also be a cause? I’ve never had this issue with him and I’ve now had him almost 2 years

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a male beardie about 6 years old, he came to me very picky at eating and a few other issues. I had to make him slurries to eat his greens that I will blend up and use a dropper to drip on his nose that he licks off. Well today I fed him his slurry and I was wiping off his chin and noticed a little discharge coming out his nose. I thought it might have been his slurrie so I wiped it off and set him down. He started breathing heavy after this and puffing his beard. Then more discharge came out his nose (it was clear discharge) so again I wiped it away. Since then he has not breathed heavy again or had more discharge. So I’m not sure if it was the slurrie maybe getting in his nostril that made his act like this and have that mucous?? Should I call the vet tomorrow or just keep an eye on him? Temps are good, warm end is 87-90 ambient with basking around 100 and cool end around 78. Night temps never drop below 72. Arcadia uvb mounted inside.
He is also getting ready to shed around his mouth and eyes and nose so I’m also not sure if that could also be a cause? I’ve never had this issue with him and I’ve now had him almost 2 years
Keep an eye for other symptoms of ri- the heavy breathing any thick saliva - more runny nose- how old is your uvb? Is the uvb directly over the basking decor 12-15 inches?

Srgeorge2177

Original Poster
Keep an eye for other symptoms of ri- the heavy breathing any thick saliva - more runny nose- how old is your uvb? Is the uvb directly over the basking decor 12-15 inches?
Yes right over the basking, and I just got a new bulb it’s 2-3 months old. I change it out every 8 months or so.

Srgeorge2177

Original Poster
I’ve also been watching him like a hawk since it happened, and haven’t seen anymore heavy breathing or heard him breathing and I opened his mouth and didn’t see any excess mucous. I haven’t seen anymore mucous in his nose. He’s alert and still has his appetite also. His eyes are clear and bright, is it possible this was a weird one time thing? I’m mainly worried if I should just call a vet asap or not because I’m 38 weeks pregnant and worried I won’t be able to get in and then be more delayed if I go into labor. Of course all this happens right now haha

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I’ve also been watching him like a hawk since it happened, and haven’t seen anymore heavy breathing or heard him breathing and I opened his mouth and didn’t see any excess mucous. I haven’t seen anymore mucous in his nose. He’s alert and still has his appetite also. His eyes are clear and bright, is it possible this was a weird one time thing? I’m mainly worried if I should just call a vet asap or not because I’m 38 weeks pregnant and worried I won’t be able to get in and then be more delayed if I go into labor. Of course all this happens right now haha
It sounds like it was a one time thing - also another indicator is wheezing crackly or popping noise

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom