Beardie gender/dirty bum?

goosegoose

Beardie name(s)
Goose
Hi, so my beardie is currently about 6 months old right now and I still can't figure out what it's gender is? I also noticed that it's bum seems to be quite dirty (his belly looks the same color too but i checked in different lighting and it is not that dirty color) and needed help on figuring out what to do. I just got them a new cage not too long ago (75 gal) so I haven't been able to get tiles yet, so all I've had was alfalfa pellets (I know I really don't want to be using them but I'm not sure what else I could use) so I'm thinking that it might play a part in its bum looking dirty?? I just gave them a bath today but I don't know I just need some good advice and help.

Attachments

• 83B82E2A-2781-4FC7-8489-4498BD48FF00.jpeg
    83B82E2A-2781-4FC7-8489-4498BD48FF00.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 18

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi goose, that's a patch of unshed skin [ very common and not a problem ] , not dirt. I can probably tell you the gender but you have to set him on a flat surface and arch the tail in the air. Here's a pic of what I mean :

xp29

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby & Snicker Doodle
That looksclike shed to me, you can use paper towels untilnyoubget tile

goosegoose

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Goose
Hi, so my beardie is currently about 6 months old right now and I still can't figure out what it's gender is? I also noticed that it's bum seems to be quite dirty (his belly looks the same color too but i checked in different lighting and it is not that dirty color) and needed help on figuring out what to do. I just got them a new cage not too long ago (75 gal) so I haven't been able to get tiles yet, so all I've had was alfalfa pellets (I know I really don't want to be using them but I'm not sure what else I could use) so I'm thinking that it might play a part in its bum looking dirty?? I just gave them a bath today but I don't know I just need some good advice and help.
Hi goose, that's a patch of unshed skin [ very common and not a problem ] , not dirt. I can probably tell you the gender but you have to set him on a flat surface and arch the tail in the air. Here's a pic of what I mean :
ohhh okay thank you that's quite a relief, and does this picture work?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 12

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good picture ! Looks like a female. Being that they are 6 months old it's pretty reliable to sex a dragon at this age but put up a pic again in 3-4 months and see if it's changed any. But it does seem female from this pic.

goosegoose

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Goose
Good picture ! Looks like a female. Being that they are 6 months old it's pretty reliable to sex a dragon at this age but put up a pic again in 3-4 months and see if it's changed any. But it does seem female from this pic.
alright! thank you again :) I will be sure to update in a few months.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

setting up a tank for a garter snake in a few months!!
Trying to finish setting up my beardie tank. Just gotta connect it to the power.
Okay lol so as I was told my baby was a boy when I rescued him hehe well I took him to my vet and was advised he is a she ! I was thinking of renaming her to Virgo from Toothless any suggestions for names 😊🥰
I am new and looking for a teen beardie. I have been doing a lot of research for about 2 years.
I'm new here but not new to dragons or snakes. Over the 7 years. I opened my heart and home to neglected. unwanted dras and snakes, some critical conditions. Then nursing them back to health and their final family home. I regularly help my reptiles vet with emergency appointments and I also provide the care in my little quenteen,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmgraham
Top Bottom