bloomblebee

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pinto
So I have had my beardie for around a year and for the past 2 or 3 days he has been acting extremely strangely. He will run all over his tank, glass surfing with his beard completely black and mouth open. This happens periodically all throughout the day while the UVB is on. He has never done this before, and no conditions in his tank or the room have changed to explain this behavior. What should I do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I have had my beardie for around a year and for the past 2 or 3 days he has been acting extremely strangely. He will run all over his tank, glass surfing with his beard completely black and mouth open. This happens periodically all throughout the day while the UVB is on. He has never done this before, and no conditions in his tank or the room have changed to explain this behavior. What should I do?
Tell me what the uvb is a coil or a long tube fixture? Surface basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer-

bloomblebee

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pinto
Tell me what the uvb is a coil or a long tube fixture? Surface basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer-
The UVB is a coil fixture. I will say that I am getting close to needing to replace the bulbs but they aren’t quite due to be changed yet. The basking surface temp is also where it should be

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The UVB is a coil fixture. I will say that I am getting close to needing to replace the bulbs but they aren’t quite due to be changed yet. The basking surface temp is also where it should be
Please get rid of the coil I am thinking this is the cause for the behavior- coils are inadequate UVB and will cause all kinds of health issues- please get a 24" Zoo Med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a 24 watt Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb - when you get it please post back on here I can help w/ getting it placed for your tank - you need to do this right away - please shut the coil off and take him outside for some good UVB - place him in the grass and watch him do not leave him -- 15 minutes in direct sunlight will be like 4 hrs of UVB --

TFreak

Please get rid of the coil I am thinking this is the cause for the behavior- coils are inadequate UVB and will cause all kinds of health issues- please get a 24" Zoo Med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a 24 watt Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb - when you get it please post back on here I can help w/ getting it placed for your tank - you need to do this right away - please shut the coil off and take him outside for some good UVB - place him in the grass and watch him do not leave him -- 15 minutes in direct sunlight will be like 4 hrs of UVB --
I was going to say this exact thing :)

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom