Beardie fell

Burnzey71

My beardie took about a 6 foot fall onto her stomach. When she hit she threw up liquid and some food, her legs coiled into her body and she shut her eyes. I picked her up and she’s been cuddling with me ever since. I can’t see any injuries but I’m unsure what to do.

Asper

Beardie name(s)
Harry
My beardie took about a 6 foot fall onto her stomach. When she hit she threw up liquid and some food, her legs coiled into her body and she shut her eyes. I picked her up and she’s been cuddling with me ever since. I can’t see any injuries but I’m unsure what to do.
Poor baby… 🥺 I hope she ends up alright, do what xp29 said and take her to the vet right away ! Beardies get internal injuries easily from even small falls, and that fall is taller than most people.

Poor baby girl… keep us updated on what the vet says and how she’s recovering, I’ll keep her in my thoughts. Sending lots of love and good luck to you both.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, that is quite a fall for her. Did she land on carpet or hardwood floor?
It might be a good idea to take her to the vet if she continues to be lethargic or not moving
around much because a fall with a landing like that she could have internal injuries.
Watch for blood in the stool, black bearding, inability to move, etc.
Please let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

fcooper

Hatchling Member
I think your baby will be just fine. My Clecko actually DIVES out of her viv sometimes when we have the door open.. to land 4 feet below and then scoot across the carpet. She jumps all over around in her viv and even hangs upside down from the wire that covers the ceiling! She has jumped off the couch. the desk and the cat. I also worried myself sick when I first saw her land but, I guess she just likes to jump. I dont know. She seems okay so I just wanted to re assure you that I think your dragon will be just fine

Burnzey71

Original Poster
Poor baby… 🥺 I hope she ends up alright, do what xp29 said and take her to the vet right away ! Beardies get internal injuries easily from even small falls, and that fall is taller than most people.

Poor baby girl… keep us updated on what the vet says and how she’s recovering, I’ll keep her in my thoughts. Sending lots of love and good luck to you both.
Hey, thank you for your thoughts. I took her in and they couldn’t see anything. After a few days she back to eating normal and chasing her beardie ball. I’m happy she’s okay :)

Burnzey71

Original Poster
Hello,

Oh dear, that is quite a fall for her. Did she land on carpet or hardwood floor?
It might be a good idea to take her to the vet if she continues to be lethargic or not moving
around much because a fall with a landing like that she could have internal injuries.
Watch for blood in the stool, black bearding, inability to move, etc.
Please let us know how she is doing.

Tracie
Hey, just wanted to let you know that she’s doing okay and she’s back to being herself again. Thank you for the reply and thoughts.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom