BEARDIE FALL - PARALYZED?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She hasn't been keeping her eyes closed before the incident she is moving her eyes but not opening them & sorry I do not have the money for long tube fixtures and so do I have to blend her food together will she be on a liquid diet to be safe? Her left eye looks more sunken than the right
yes you can blend her salad material you feed in a blender make it watery or so she gets water --- I am sorry but the coil UVB is no good and shes not going to get better w/ out a better UVB -- if that is a 13 watt your dragon is getting NO UVB and she needs that to survive -- please look at rehoming her so she has a chance of survival -- she will not live w/ out proper UVB --

Beardiecandy

Original Poster
yes you can blend her salad material you feed in a blender make it watery or so she gets water --- I am sorry but the coil UVB is no good and shes not going to get better w/ out a better UVB -- if that is a 13 watt your dragon is getting NO UVB and she needs that to survive -- please look at rehoming her so she has a chance of survival -- she will not live w/ out proper UVB --
If I take her to the vet do you think they will take her in or does that require money too -- also it is a reptisun 13w yes -- any suggestion on rehoming?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If I take her to the vet do you think they will take her in or does that require money too -- also it is a reptisun 13w yes -- any suggestion on rehoming?
I dont know that is something you would need to talk to them about-- call some of your rescue centers I would google rescue centers but you must tell them she has sustained a fall and you cannot afford the vet bill -- she needs X rays - and only good UVB is going to help her recover - the 13 watt bulb is one of the worst for UVB's -- some others on here might be able to help w/ ideas - please NO craigslist or Facebook - you want someone w/ experience w/ dragons- we get people on here all the time that do rescues and come for advice on how to rehabilitate them but it all starts w/ good basking temps and UVB--- those are the most important thing in the tank -- a dragon will not survive w/ out it - then diet it all falls into place

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I dont know that is something you would need to talk to them about-- call some of your rescue centers I would google rescue centers but you must tell them she has sustained a fall and you cannot afford the vet bill -- she needs X rays - and only good UVB is going to help her recover - the 13 watt bulb is one of the worst for UVB's -- some others on here might be able to help w/ ideas - please NO craigslist or Facebook - you want someone w/ experience w/ dragons- we get people on here all the time that do rescues and come for advice on how to rehabilitate them but it all starts w/ good basking temps and UVB--- those are the most important thing in the tank -- a dragon will not survive w/ out it - then diet it all falls into place
Ok good I hope she is good --- we have reptile vets and then we have real good reptile vets --- for pain they should give her some pain meds about the broke issue I have no idea what they will recommend --- our vet tech mod on here Drache613 can address that issue better than I --
I hate to say it but Karrie is right without proper uvb even healing is gonna be a problem. The fall and getting the dragon seen is your biggest issue right now, however in the long run you are gonna need that. Overall health of dragon relays on sufficient uvb and coil bulbs do not emit nearly enough.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, for optimal healing & health a good UVB is very important. Some vets will take in a reptile
if you surrender them. One thing I worry about is when you surrender them sometimes they may
put them down so you want to consider that as well & be sure that isn't what they are going to do if
you did surrender her.
Can anyone in your family help out financially for you?
Is she trying to move, at all or essentially just lying around with her eyes closed?

Tracie

Beardiecandy

Original Poster
Hello,

I agree, for optimal healing & health a good UVB is very important. Some vets will take in a reptile
if you surrender them. One thing I worry about is when you surrender them sometimes they may
put them down so you want to consider that as well & be sure that isn't what they are going to do if
you did surrender her.
Can anyone in your family help out financially for you?
Is she trying to move, at all or essentially just lying around with her eyes closed?

Tracie
She's gone

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She's gone
I am so sorry to hear this --- there must of been external injuries is a guess --- dragons are resilient animals and can overcome falls but sometimes they arent able to - my heart aches for you and her -- 💔 proper UVB is most crucial to the animal along w/ surface basking temps- if you ever want to try again please make sure you have the correct husbandry for the dragon -- we can always help you here -- again I am sorry

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
My condolences as well. Its hard when you lose one. They are wonderful pets and become a member of the family.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I am so sorry to hear this. Hopefully you find some solace in knowing she’s not in pain anymore. You did what you could and things happen like this and it’s not our fault.

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
I’m sorry to hear about your beardie. I was just about to offer to send you the extra one I had. I know how I love and care for my two.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry to hear she didn't make it, poor girl. :cry: It is awful to lose them & because of such
unfortunate circumstances, too. I know you did everything you could for her & I'm sure that she
appreciates it. So sorry for your loss.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom