Beardie eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

RengNezu

Im just having a pair of 3 months old baby beardie.. Male is eating a lot around 13 small dubias whilst the female only eat less i.e 1 cricket and 1 dubia and some few little pieces of choy sum. Is the female considered normal? Just a bit worried with the female beardie..

Regards,
mike

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Im just having a pair of 3 months old baby beardie.. Male is eating a lot around 13 small dubias whilst the female only eat less i.e 1 cricket and 1 dubia and some few little pieces of choy sum. Is the female considered normal? Just a bit worried with the female beardie..

Regards,
mike
No she needs to be eating more ---- are you housing the dragons together? If so please separate them --- the male is probably dominating all the food if they are together -- make sure you have good UVB NO coils please and getting basking temps of 105-110 w/ a digital probe thermometer -- the probe needs to sit where the dragon sits to bask that is actual surface temp -- basking bulb needs to be a CLEAR bright white bulb NO colored bulbs No heat mats or rocks please if you need more help please ask

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you have pictures of your tank setup, along with your two dragons, please post them. Also, just so we can
see the setup & arrangement of lighting, etc.
As Karrie suggests, it really is best to house dragons separately. They can become pretty dominant, especially as
they get older depending on the gender of them, etc.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom