beardie eating plants from outside?

spencer118

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hi so when i take my beardie outside sometimes she eats greens and flowers from outside that i know is safe for her to eat. its one of the only ways i can get her to eat greens she is very picky but she still eats veggies sometimes when she wants to but i want to start eating them full time. she eats white clovers, the clover flowers, and some plantains. is it safe for her to do this? i dont think they use pesticides where i live by the way

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
hi so when i take my beardie outside sometimes she eats greens and flowers from outside that i know is safe for her to eat. its one of the only ways i can get her to eat greens she is very picky but she still eats veggies sometimes when she wants to but i want to start eating them full time. she eats white clovers, the clover flowers, and some plantains. is it safe for her to do this? i dont think they use pesticides where i live by the way
Better to find out for sure -- you dont want her eating pesticides --

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
When i take mine out they try to eat friggen rocks lol. BUT I do live in Nevada there isnt much but rocks here :cool:

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
When i take mine out they try to eat friggen rocks lol. BUT I do live in Nevada there isnt much but rocks here :cool:
Mines love clovers and dandelions. He doesn’t get them often because my complex mowed them and then sprayed weed killer. I’m trying to figure out how to grow dandelions indoor

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
Mines love clovers and dandelions. He doesn’t get them often because my complex mowed them and then sprayed weed killer. I’m trying to figure out how to grow dandelions indoor
Super smart to do it indoors. This day and age unless you live very rural you can't keep track of what's be sprayed by who. You can do dandelion super easy indoors, they grow well aquaponicly so if you got a fish tank your can grow an endless supply without using anything but the fish tank. They will grow under bright white CFL bulbs no problem.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Im so horrible at gardening that i kill fake plants lol

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
Im so horrible at gardening that i kill fake plants lol
Look into doing an aquaponics system ontop of a fish tank. If you can keep fish then you can do aquaponics for most any green leafy veggie. All you have to do is plant it, feed fish, and harvest.

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
What's real nice about doing leafy greens is you don't really ever fully harvest. You just cut what you need when you need it and let it keep growing. I'll do this until they go to seed then collect fully harvest and collect seed for the next round. Typically once or twice a year depending on light.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom