beardie eating a lot, preparing to shed?

HyperLollipop

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Herman, 5 months old
Hello all!!
My bearded dragon has been eating a lot more lately and I'm wondering if he's preparing to shed because his legs and arms are looking a bit dull and I think he's due for a shed and last time he shed he barely ate..
So I'm just wondering, is he eating a lot to prepare for shedding or is he just a hungry lil boy?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 5 and Blaze is 3
Hello all!!
My bearded dragon has been eating a lot more lately and I'm wondering if he's preparing to shed because his legs and arms are looking a bit dull and I think he's due for a shed and last time he shed he barely ate..
So I'm just wondering, is he eating a lot to prepare for shedding or is he just a hungry lil boy?
I am gonna say hungry --- its good hes eating a hearty meal -- shedding can effect the appetite but if it isnt this time thats good

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dry-Bones
Hello all!!
He could be fasting/eating a lot before shed.
It's normal
They shed/fast I noticed at different intervals in they're lives.
So he could potentially eat more before or after a shed

He's probably hungry before shed...
& last time not so much!:)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

you know that feeling when you want to change your profile picture, but like you don’t want to lose the good one you have? That’s me, right now
HELP WITH MY BEARDIE EGGS DONT WANT THEM TO DIE
lol i feel like i ask so many questions on this site but i just love it here!
so many questions & not enough days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stephnee508
Top Bottom