Beardie doesn't like lay bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexPecore

So I noticed that my beardie has started digging and trying to get out of her enclosure, so I set up a dig box that consists of children's play sand in a hill formation in a large plastic bin. I've had her in the bin for a few days and not only has she not dug at all, but she kept trying to get out. However, when I put her back in the enclosure or let her roam on my bed she keeps rubbing up against the glass, specifically my window. I've tried letting her roam outside to see if that helps, but she doesn't move at all. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is she just being stubborn?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Have you felt for eggs? What are you using for a UVB? coil or a tube and what are the basking temps? NO stick ons please --- they are inaccurate- what about colored bulbs ? heat mats? heat rocks? are you using any of those in the tank? what size is the tank?

alexPecore

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2hlay7hc said:
Have you felt for eggs? What are you using for a UVB? coil or a tube and what are the basking temps? NO stick ons please --- they are inaccurate- what about colored bulbs ? heat mats? heat rocks? are you using any of those in the tank? what size is the tank?
I have felt for eggs and can not only feel them but also see them. For the bulbs I have a combination bulb for the day and a ceramic heat lamp for night. Basking temp is about 85-90 for the hottest part of the enclosure, with about 75-80 for coolest part. No colored bulbs or heat mats or heat rocks. The tank size is about 1.75 ft x 3 ft x 1.5 ft

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
ok the tank is a what gallon I am not even getting a reading w/ the tank conversion -- please post a pic of the tank https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
the basking temps are taken w/a digital probe thermometer? if so the tank is not near warm enough basking temps should be 95-110--- most older dragons like temps to be around 95-100-- how old is the dragon? You can see the eggs -- please post a pic of her too
your using a MVB? what brand and wattage --- distance and placement is key here for correct temps and UVB

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Pour the sand in her tank. You need to take it all out after she laid eggs! Do not leave the sand in there longer than necessary. She probably wants to lay in a familiar environment but just needs substrate to do it in. As soon as she's done laying you can take her out and plop her on the floor for like 5 minutes while you go pour out the sand into the garbage bin & vacuum any sand particles before putting her back in her tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom