Beardie doesn't like being outside the tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catwu20

Beardie name(s)
Ginger
Hey guys, so my 2 year old female beardie doesn't seem to enjoy time outside of her tank. I try to take her out every day so she could stretch her legs and get some mental stimulation. But she stays in one place for a few minutes, then starts to make her way back to her tank. If I move her around again, she'll still start to look for her tank. Sometimes she gets lost somewhere and will simply settle down there. She doesn't show signs of stress. She's black beard-free and has no marks on her belly. But I suppose she simply prefers being in the tank.

Is this a case of me not doing it enough, and she simply needs to get used to the outside world? Or is it a personality thing, and I should respect her wishes to stay in the tank? And is there any way I could make outside time more enjoyable (food, toys, etc.)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys, so my 2 year old female beardie doesn't seem to enjoy time outside of her tank. I try to take her out every day so she could stretch her legs and get some mental stimulation. But she stays in one place for a few minutes, then starts to make her way back to her tank. If I move her around again, she'll still start to look for her tank. Sometimes she gets lost somewhere and will simply settle down there. She doesn't show signs of stress. She's black beard-free and has no marks on her belly. But I suppose she simply prefers being in the tank.

Is this a case of me not doing it enough, and she simply needs to get used to the outside world? Or is it a personality thing, and I should respect her wishes to stay in the tank? And is there any way I could make outside time more enjoyable (food, toys, etc.)
Place her on a spot where she can sit safely in front of a window - they love to look outside -- I put mine on the back of a big chair that sits in front of the LR window - he will sit there for 2 hrs usually and just look out side or he will hide behind a throw pillow on the seat of that chair and take a nap

catwu20

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ginger
Place her on a spot where she can sit safely in front of a window - they love to look outside -- I put mine on the back of a big chair that sits in front of the LR window - he will sit there for 2 hrs usually and just look out side or he will hide behind a throw pillow on the seat of that chair and take a nap
That's actually one of the things we do haha...we have a pile of pillows near the window that we place a UV tube and heat lamp over. She'll want to stay there as long as possible, 8+ hours if she wants. But I'm wondering, should we let her roam more instead of just keeping her in one place? How do we know she's enjoying herself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom