Beardie discoloration, not shedding

Kbrowne877

Original Poster
I'm a new bearded dragon owner, and I've had my bearded dragon for about 2 and a half months now (he is just over 5 months old).
He has both UBV lighting and a basking spot as well as a CHE because it gets cold at night where I live. I've been feeding him Dubai Roaches, locusts and crickets as well as greens, everything is sprinkled with calcium of course.
I've had no problems with him so far, but about a week ago I noticed this spot beside his back leg had some strange orangish/brown colouring in comparison to the rest of him.
I made the decision that it was probably nothing and decided to just keep an eye on it, as he has a lot of orange around his face and I just assumed that this was the beginning of his body following along.
However when I had him out of his cage today, I noticed that the coloured patch had now dulled out/was turning white.
It is not shedding as he only shed last week and the skin was discolored both before and after the shed and it doesn't seem to be the same texture as the rest of his skin, his spikes in this area are slightly softed and his skin seems more elasticated (??).
I will be bringing him to a reptile vet this week if it doesn't get any better or I notice any behavioural changes.
If anyone more experienced could give some form of advice, opinion or thoughts it would be EXTREMELY appreciated, as I've been freaking out all day and just want to know if this a major concern or not.

(It isn't as prominent on camera as is in person)
IMG_20220518_145102.jpg
IMG_20220518_145152.jpg
IMG_20220518_145208.jpg
IMG_20220518_145221.jpg
IMG_20220518_145416.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom