Beardie died suddenly

Sarah4321

Beardie name(s)
Jojo
Iv owned my jojo for 11 years, and suddenly a week ago she look a turn...vets say her heart was stopping so we brought her home and sat with her until the end. I'm finding myself needing a reason, I know she was old but she was in good health. What's getting to me is while we were sitting with her she kept gulping and it made her move around, even when we thought she was gone...all of a sudden she would gulp and move. I saw her gulp a few weeks ago and thought it was strange but she stopped and hadn't done it since, I just can't help but think that it's something I didn't notice and was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what this was as I think it's what killed her (also no signs of respiratory infection, hense why im confused).....Google is useless

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220503-191338_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220503-191338_Facebook.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Iv owned my jojo for 11 years, and suddenly a week ago she look a turn...vets say her heart was stopping so we brought her home and sat with her until the end. I'm finding myself needing a reason, I know she was old but she was in good health. What's getting to me is while we were sitting with her she kept gulping and it made her move around, even when we thought she was gone...all of a sudden she would gulp and move. I saw her gulp a few weeks ago and thought it was strange but she stopped and hadn't done it since, I just can't help but think that it's something I didn't notice and was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what this was as I think it's what killed her (also no signs of respiratory infection, hense why im confused).....Google is useless
I am so sorry to hear about Jojo-- 11 years that is great --- it is hard to really say what she passed from - the only way would be to have a necropsy done- the gulping I cant help you there -- maybe our vet tech could shed some light on that issue -- it is so hard to loose them - she was w/ you a long time --- she had a good life unlike some other dragons that arent so lucky -- :cry:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'm sorry to hear you lost your beardie they aren't pets they are family.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I am so sorry to hear about this. 11 years is an amazing long time and I hope many of us are as fortunate as you to have our beardies that long. (I am crying as I type--- I thought I could read these type of posts since I've been on the site for a little while now but apparently, it's too soon)- my heart aches for you! But know that for all of that time you've done things RIGHT and think about/cherish all of the amazing memories I know that you have had with jojo and I hope that it brings you peace- that each day gets just a little easier.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is so heartbreaking, I am so sorry for your sudden loss of JoJo.:cry: No matter how young or
old they are, it never gets any easier anytime you lose one. The bond is strong & your heart & soul
goes with them.
As far as the gulping, it is possible she had an enlarged liver or heart, which was pressing on her
lungs perhaps causing difficulty breathing. Did the vet not have any idea or did they do an x-ray on
her to help determine any problems?
I know closure is so very important. I highly doubt, that it was anything that you did. I am happy that
she was with you though & not stuck alone at the vets.

My condolences.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom