BEARDIE CLOSE TO DEATH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mack0328

Hi. So i’ve had my beardie for about 3-4 months now and when i got her she had a toe hanging off. I brought her to the vet around two weeks after i got her. They amputated her toe and tip of her tail from it rotting. For the next couple months after that she was doing good. She started heaving breathing and clicking from the mouth. Wasn’t eating as much as i liked but it seemed like she was doing good with it. I upgraded all her equipment as i learned more and more. She has a 75watt and i was planning on upgrading to a 100 watt soon.

Anyway, I brought her to the vet a week ago and he had pointed out all 4 of her feet were dying and discolored. Also the tip of her tail. He said she had a fungus disease that is spreading due to me getting her with the toe and tail rotting. Over the past few days she doesn’t like to be in her basking spot. She won’t eat. She turned very dark and is staying like that. More and more mucus is coming from her mouth. All of her feet are pretty much dead. She has no control over them so she just flops them around. Her tail is almost all the way up discolored. I’m not sure what else to do. I’ve gave her the treatments she needed and corrected heating and UVB. Is there anything i could do to possibly save her. She’s not looking to good and i feel like it’s gonna be a bad day soon. I would also like to know if there isn’t anything to do and maybe it would just be better to put her down. She has also not grown since i got her.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi. So i’ve had my beardie for about 3-4 months now and when i got her she had a toe hanging off. I brought her to the vet around two weeks after i got her. They amputated her toe and tip of her tail from it rotting. For the next couple months after that she was doing good. She started heaving breathing and clicking from the mouth. Wasn’t eating as much as i liked but it seemed like she was doing good with it. I upgraded all her equipment as i learned more and more. She has a 75watt and i was planning on upgrading to a 100 watt soon.

Anyway, I brought her to the vet a week ago and he had pointed out all 4 of her feet were dying and discolored. Also the tip of her tail. He said she had a fungus disease that is spreading due to me getting her with the toe and tail rotting. Over the past few days she doesn’t like to be in her basking spot. She won’t eat. She turned very dark and is staying like that. More and more mucus is coming from her mouth. All of her feet are pretty much dead. She has no control over them so she just flops them around. Her tail is almost all the way up discolored. I’m not sure what else to do. I’ve gave her the treatments she needed and corrected heating and UVB. Is there anything i could do to possibly save her. She’s not looking to good and i feel like it’s gonna be a bad day soon. I would also like to know if there isn’t anything to do and maybe it would just be better to put her down. She has also not grown since i got her.
This is terrible --- I would get her back to the vet she should of been put on a antibiotic after the first toe was amputated -- it sounds like she is not going to make it w/ all that is going on --- I am so sorry -- I dont know if you can save her now I am flagging to AHBD to see if she can help -- it may be of best interest to put her down :cry:
@AHBD
@CooperDragon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, that's too bad. :( I'm sorry for you and your dragon. It sounds like you tried so hard to help her, too. Can you post a few pics to show her condition as well as her set up ? If she is suffering and can't be helped then it would be best to put her to sleep.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like she was in rough shape when she found her way to you, so thank you for doing your best to help her. It sounds like the infection may have spread across her body in which case it may be difficult to treat. Hopefully the vet may have an effective plan to stop the infection, but it sounds like this may require some advanced treatment and good luck. If the vet is not able to lay out a treatment plan, then I agree that it may be best to end her suffering =(.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry to hear your girl hasn't been doing well.
Do you have pictures of her we could see? Are they sure that all of her feet have infection or could it possibly
be gout or septic arthritis?
What type of UVB light are you using for her? Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates on your dragon for us? Please keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom