Beardie Buffet for Dubias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizard of Light

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ardbert
I'm about to get a shipment of 1/2" Dubias in probably tomorrow or so, and since Ardie tends to have leftovers, it'd make my life easier on not wasting his veggies. However, the Repashy Beardie Buffet isn't something I've had much luck introducing yet (he's intrigued by the taste but I've only gotten it into his mouth by coating his silkworms with it, lol) and I don't think he'll be interested while he's this young for the most part, so is it okay to let the dubias have it so it doesn't go to waste?

I know while this gel feed is good for beardies, I'm not sure if it's good for roaches and since there's BSFL mixed in there, I was wondering if there's a risk of the roaches converting that protein to uric acid? I know these guys I'm getting are just nymphs, but I want to be safe and check if it's okay.

Not that I plan on regularly feeding roaches this; I just want to see if these 25 roaches can finish off the leftovers without causing any health issues. :p

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

You can feed the dubias the beardie buffet. It's very high in protein, so definitely supplement it with some fruits/vegies to even out the protein % of the dubias diet.

Dubias will produce excess uric acid with any high protein diet. And unlike other insects, dubia can't excrete their excess. From what I can see, the beardie buffet is quite high in protein. So it's something you can feed if you want, but definitely don't make it a regular thing.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom