Beardie born in November 2021 needs rescued in northeast ohio

Jennag216

Hi everyone... Unfortunately I don't feel like my family is the best fit for our beardie... We have a very busy and sometimes hectic household and I just do not feel like our beardie is comfortable or happy with us! He was born in November 2021 and we got him from a local pet store in late December 2021... When we first brought him home we used the mulch/bark bedding.. he seemed fine, he ate normally and would move around a lot but when it was time to change our substrate I got the sand, which I later found out is extremely bad for him.. he was acting normal for about a week and then I noticed he was not pooping as often as he should so that's when I started researching about the sand and I immediately changed it to the reptile carpet but ever since then he barely poops... He might poop once every 10 days in a nice warm bath but I know he should be pooping more. He has also stopped eating a lot of the feeders that he used to love like roaches and super worms.. he will only eat a couple of feeders per week.. although he does still eat his salads. I've tried pretty much everything that has been suggested but I feel like he has some serious internal impaction from the sand that he just cannot pass... Or he is just extremely stressed and uncomfortable with us. Unfortunately I have a very busy life with children and work amongst other things and I feel really bad for him so Ive decided to try to find someone in the northeast Ohio area that has a bit more reptile experience to rescue him. If you or anyone you know can take him please let me know and we can arrange a meeting place

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi everyone... Unfortunately I don't feel like my family is the best fit for our beardie... We have a very busy and sometimes hectic household and I just do not feel like our beardie is comfortable or happy with us! He was born in November 2021 and we got him from a local pet store in late December 2021... When we first brought him home we used the mulch/bark bedding.. he seemed fine, he ate normally and would move around a lot but when it was time to change our substrate I got the sand, which I later found out is extremely bad for him.. he was acting normal for about a week and then I noticed he was not pooping as often as he should so that's when I started researching about the sand and I immediately changed it to the reptile carpet but ever since then he barely poops... He might poop once every 10 days in a nice warm bath but I know he should be pooping more. He has also stopped eating a lot of the feeders that he used to love like roaches and super worms.. he will only eat a couple of feeders per week.. although he does still eat his salads. I've tried pretty much everything that has been suggested but I feel like he has some serious internal impaction from the sand that he just cannot pass... Or he is just extremely stressed and uncomfortable with us. Unfortunately I have a very busy life with children and work amongst other things and I feel really bad for him so Ive decided to try to find someone in the northeast Ohio area that has a bit more reptile experience to rescue him. If you or anyone you know can take him please let me know and we can arrange a meeting place
If he's pooping he's not impacted- it is common for them to not poop so often and could be weeks or a month- just make sure his surface basking temps are 95-100 taken w a digital probe thermometer- and a good uvb like a zoo med long tube fixture-- or a Arcadia pro T 5 w a 12 % bulb - this is imperative to the dragons health if you need more help please ask these uvb's have certain placement and distance

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom