Beardie Bodycam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
[Administrator Comment: Being a fan of both bearded dragons and Kickstarter projects, I decided to allow this project promotion. I know... it's rare that I allow self promotion, but Kickstarter projects are something I like to support. For those not aware, Kickstarter is a site where people with ideas and proposals can try to raise money from the masses to fund a project or small-time startup, as opposed to big-time investors. It helps make small ideas realized that wouldn't otherwise have stood a chance.]

Exactly what it says: I've set up Kickstarter project to supply the dragons here with their very own bodycam!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1529362668/vivvidscom-bodycam-the-world-from-a-lizards-point <- Kickstarter: vivvidscom bodycam!

Once upon a time, I had a little dream - to bring the wonder of beardies to the rest of the world, to share the enjoyment and love I get from my lizards with so many more people out there - and so http://www.vivvids.com was born, with a hacked IP security camera and a really steep learning curve!

I'm hoping to expand my capabilities by adding the bodycam, providing a new view of the dragons' world - from their perspective.

With my basic target, I can do that - I can put recordings from the dragon's point of view up on my website free of charge to the public. With my extended target, if we're able to raise the funds, I am hoping to have much better quality images, with image stabilization... and even possibly hack it to provide a live feed. (After all, I did it with my IP camera - I may be able to do that with the better quality upgraded bodycam, as it has WiFi capabilities...!)

I'm thinking beardie feeding time (chasing round locusts!) and a trip to the park (climbing opportunities, long grass!) and I'd really love to hear suggestions as to what you'd like to see... from a dragons' perspective! :D

I've had a lot of really lovely feedback from people all around the world for Vivvids.com so far, including fans with disabilities meaning they are unable to care for reptiles for themselves, but whom adore the dragons and have really enjoyed the opportunity to regularly access their world :)

"It's all the benefits of keeping beardies - with none of the hassle!"

I am very glad to be able to share my dragons, especially with those who acknowledge they would be unable to give a dragon everything he or she needs in person, be it a lack of time, ability or funds.

And I'd really love to be able to offer so much more!

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
That's pretty much the same sort of idea I had - but slightly less sinister and quite a lot more beardie :D

Thank you so much for your assistance - we're now fully funded for the basic camera, and I should receive the funding in two weeks (standard Kickstarter process). I'll then purchase the camera and keep you all updated throughout :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom