Beardie blood work question

mantronics

Beardie name(s)
Apolla
So my daugher has a bearded dragon, 1-1 1/2 years old. He used to bask and all was good. Lately has has been black bearding and hiding. If we put him on basking spot, he stays 15-20 minutes, than hides. He eating has slowed down recently. His lights are good, t5 ho10, hologen and DHP on Herpstat in Zen 48x24x24. So a visit to vet to check him out. Fecal and blood work was ordered and the results are in picture. They prescribed antibiotics and didn’t could up with a definite diagnosis. They stated certain areas in blood screening was high/low. Could anyone take a look and see what needs to be corrected or if he needs to consume more /less veggies, calcium, etc. (gut loaded roaches, greens, veggie’s, calcium5x week and calcium +2x we do currently) THE BEARDIE PIC OF THE WHOLE TANK IS MY BEARDIE, not the sick one. The close up is the not feeling well one

Attachments

• 57C1FF36-600E-4257-8B62-4EF25344B9B0.jpg
    57C1FF36-600E-4257-8B62-4EF25344B9B0.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 117
  • D7B508DD-7981-485A-9B7B-4381CB5C0E18.jpeg
    D7B508DD-7981-485A-9B7B-4381CB5C0E18.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 78
  • D3222898-DCD6-4CF3-A298-F0285F614315.jpeg
    D3222898-DCD6-4CF3-A298-F0285F614315.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 80
  • CC8A6DBF-EBB0-451D-B2AE-B9D86D696D1E.jpg
    CC8A6DBF-EBB0-451D-B2AE-B9D86D696D1E.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 81

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'll flag Tracey she is a vet tech, i think she is on later in the evenings.
@Drache613

mantronics

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Apolla
Ok, thanks a lot. My ex wife lost confidence when the vet said as long as he is breathing the hot tanks air his digesting food will be fine.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok, thanks a lot. My ex wife lost confidence when the vet said as long as he is breathing the hot tanks air his digesting food will be fine.
Where is the uvb? I can't see it- I am assuming it's in the tank? Are the tanks set up the same?

mantronics

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Apolla
Are these tanks set up the same way? We need Tracie to look at the blood work-- I am flagging her again
@Drache613
This is where he likes to hang. She took items out to try to get him to bask, so it’s basically the minimum items. Her uvb is hanging inside back top of tank. Don’t mind the 82 basking side temp, his lights are just coming on. I do have a another question. I have always covered the front of my tank when lights are off, she doesn’t. I know it’s not a health issue, but is it better for the dragon if the tank is in the room with a tv and maybe one light? Thanks.

mantronics

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Apolla
This is where he likes to hang. She took items out to try to get him to bask, so it’s basically the minimum items. Her uvb is hanging inside back top of tank. Don’t mind the 82 basking side temp, his lights are just coming on. I do have a another question. I have always covered the front of my tank when lights are off, she doesn’t. I know it’s not a health issue, but is it better for the dragon if the tank is in the room with a tv and maybe one light? Thanks.

Attachments

• B5A6A306-3B3C-4C63-BE60-1A378088DEAC.jpeg
    B5A6A306-3B3C-4C63-BE60-1A378088DEAC.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 76

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Lights will keep them awake- I would not have any lights on in the room hes in - as far as the UVB can you pull it off the back wall a little out from it? I am not saying its the cause for his illness but we often dont recommend the UVB on the back wall - he needs to be able to sit directly under it -- if hes able to then its fine --- Black bearding and hiding is not good--- usually its a temp issue and / or a UVB issue- how old is the UVB? Black bearding is a sign of distress or pain-- I am not a fan of vets giving antibiotics just to give them -- there needs to be a reason for them to being presrcibed --

mantronics

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Apolla
Lights will keep them awake- I would not have any lights on in the room hes in - as far as the UVB can you pull it off the back wall a little out from it? I am not saying its the cause for his illness but we often dont recommend the UVB on the back wall - he needs to be able to sit directly under it -- if hes able to then its fine --- Black bearding and hiding is not good--- usually its a temp issue and / or a UVB issue- how old is the UVB? Black bearding is a sign of distress or pain-- I am not a fan of vets giving antibiotics just to give them -- there needs to be a reason for them to being presrcibed --
Uvb is less than 6 months old. I change them every 6 months, it may be too often but he has been a challenge. I also have taking uvb readings with a solar meter 6.5. I just can’t figure him out. I tried to do everything I do for mine and he just won’t bask consistently. So I’m wondering if the blood work will tell me anything. My daughter does keep his basking spot at 100. She says he doesn’t like it too hot.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Uvb is less than 6 months old. I change them every 6 months, it may be too often but he has been a challenge. I also have taking uvb readings with a solar meter 6.5. I just can’t figure him out. I tried to do everything I do for mine and he just won’t bask consistently. So I’m wondering if the blood work will tell me anything. My daughter does keep his basking spot at 100. She says he doesn’t like it too hot.
Time to lower the basking spot --- try 95-- he may not like the 100--- I would offer a piece of decor that has different spots to bask for temp --- something like this Thrive Driftwood Reptile Decor | reptile Bearded Dragon | PetSmart
I use this in my two tanks it offers different places to sit --- I have the long stick part on the floor w/ the big trunk part under the basking light --- try something thats going to give different temps --

mantronics

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Apolla
Time to lower the basking spot --- try 95-- he may not like the 100--- I would offer a piece of decor that has different spots to bask for temp --- something like this Thrive Driftwood Reptile Decor | reptile Bearded Dragon | PetSmart
I use this in my two tanks it offers different places to sit --- I have the long stick part on the floor w/ the big trunk part under the basking light --- try something thats going to give different temps --
Will do. I’m going over later to redo it for her. Thank you👍🏼

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom