Beardie Biting Everything

Buzz24

Original Poster
Where is his uvb? Screen will determine where it need to be placed- whether it's a wide hole or fine mesh type - are you getting temps w/ a digital probe thermometer-
so the uvb was originally inside the tank attached to the screen but i just put it on top the screen. the holes aren’t super small. he was jumping on the uvb so i moved it on top just for now and yes the digital probe one.

Buzz24

Original Poster
O.K. So back to the biting, is it constant and when he bit you was it hard enough to draw blood ? If he's biting cage decor it doesn't look like he hurt his mouth.
he did draw blood. i went to put his food bowl and he latched on. he will also usually bite the bowl as well. it is random when he bites the other decor. every time i walk by the tank he’s watching my hands i’m assuming thinking i have food.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So it may be that his excitement for food caused the biting of your hand and other than that he might be super wound up in the new surroundings.

Buzz24

Original Poster
So it may be that his excitement for food caused the biting of your hand and other than that he might be super wound up in the new surroundings.
i think it’s just going to be a process to get him to trust me. my previous beardie accidentally bit me one time in the past when feeding

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
He is a very pretty dragon 🐉
Something you might could try if your using an escape proof dish is to put his food in before his lights go on so he is asleep. Let him wake, find and eat his food, and see if he is still agressive with you. If he is super food motivated that might curb it a little. My new 9 m.o. male is crazy about hornworms and i get bit alot when i feed those, he never bites me with any other insect. Something i have found that help is holding my hand higher so he can't smash right into the hornworm, if he has to reach for it he uses his tongue, if I'm lower he grabs with his mouth and i get bit.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom