Beardie being unusually lazy this morning

tinydinosaurmum

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ryu
Hi! Sorry in advance for the background - I've got a 7mo old female bebe I've had for only 2 weeks. She came from a not-great home, so she's not well-socialized, and wasn't on the right diet and feeding schedule for a juvenile beardie. However, after just a couple days with me and getting the right foods she now keeps herself on a weirdly-specific schedule of activity, basking and pooping. At night, she sleeps on her favorite hammock, and when the lights come on in the morning, I give her 1.5 hours before we do breakfast, which is mostly protein like grasshoppers, beardie buffet or dubias, and then I leave her a lil salad she will monch on throughout the day. She'll bask, walk around, push her little ball around, and sit on a goat vertebrae in her tank she loves for some reason. She poops at 9 am and 4 pm. Totally normal and healthy poo/urate. She's always a tad overhydrated, if anything. Second feeding is at 5 pm. Again, mostly protein. Maybe a couple berries 3x a week-ish.

ANYWAY, last night was the first time I took her out to cuddle for bedtime. I wrapped her in a blanket that smells like me and set her on my tummy. She stayed calm, looked around for awhile, even let my husband pet her a bit, and eventually fell dead asleep. I put her back in her viv on her little dinosaur plush/blanket combo she loves, and she was still sleeping there when I turned her lights on this morning. But here's the thing - it's past noon and she still hasn't gotten up, still hasn't pooped or anything. She ate breakfast just fine and is alert and everything; she's just not going about her normal day; like, she usually only goes over to the dino blanket when she's trying to get away from her 4 pm poo. I will say that I'm noticing a bit of flaking at the top of her tail, and it is about time for her to start a new shed, so idk if that affects anything. So - is this lazy day something I should be concerned about? Or am I just overanalyzing?

tinydinosaurmum

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ryu
She's still being weird... after she ate some of her salad she moved to the edge of the basking spot and is just laying on the rock underneath her hammock.... Hopefully it's just a weird day. I'll update later.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom