Beardie barely moving, but not brumation.

It isn't brumation, he is still eating and basking, but he hasn't been moving almost at all for about a week. He sometimes refuses to eat his crickets and veggies. I'm not sure if it could be parasites or something. I have ruled out UVB and temperatures, so I know it isnt related to that.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It isn't brumation, he is still eating and basking, but he hasn't been moving almost at all for about a week. He sometimes refuses to eat his crickets and veggies. I'm not sure if it could be parasites or something. I have ruled out UVB and temperatures, so I know it isnt related to that.
Uvb is a coil or a long tube fixture? Surface basking temps-- how are you taking them?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Even though picking him up stresses him, you will likely need to get him out so you can see his
physical condition. We need to see his physical condition, too.
As Karrie requested, please let us know the type/brand of UVB too just so we can be sure it is all
correct.
Has his beard been black?

Tracie

AFirst-TimeLizardOwner

Original Poster
Hello,

Even though picking him up stresses him, you will likely need to get him out so you can see his
As Karrie requested, please let us know the type/brand of UVB too just so we can be sure it is all
correct.

Tracie
he was actually pretty calm last time i picked him up
he looks alright, maybe some poop that ill clean off tomorrow on his tail but nothing else
beard isnt black
the bulb is a zoo med reptisun 5.0 uvb bulb
ive also installed a ceramic heater since i live on a mountain and it gets really cold up here

AFirst-TimeLizardOwner

Original Poster
dude i just said i ruled it out
its been changed to a tube fixture
i setup a digital thermo in there like you asked
i think this is what a tube fixture is??? this is the one im talking about that i have in there
unless you mean a long tube across the cage
1671415190720.jpg

AFirst-TimeLizardOwner

Original Poster
Hello,

correct.

Tracie
it might've been because of the semi-recent change in his substrate causing stress??
it used to be reptile carpet but we changed it to some terrarium tiles for easy cleanup
hes been more active since i installed the ceramic heater so it might've been because of the cold at night

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i think this is what a tube fixture is??? this is the one im talking about that i have in there
View attachment 76158
that is considered a coil bulb. they are inadequate and can cause health problems. karrieree is the best with lighting around here. work with her to get the long tube fixture you need. (a tube is a straight line bulb and spans 2/3 the length of the enclosure.)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
View attachment 76158
I meant a long tube fixture that is a coil- please get one of these- you want the 12% bulb Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart or this it will come w/ a 5.0 bulb you want the reptisun 10.0 T 5 - 24" fixture-- Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb or this you will need to change the bulb out to the reptisun as posted above or this one -https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html you want the 2ft or 24"

AFirst-TimeLizardOwner

Original Poster
I meant a long tube fixture that is a coil- please get one of these- you want the 12% bulb Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart or this it will come w/ a 5.0 bulb you want the reptisun 10.0 T 5 - 24" fixture-- Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb or this you will need to change the bulb out to the reptisun as posted above or this one -https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html you want the 2ft or 24"
,,,i was told by my uncle whos owned many beardies that that was the best one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
,,,i was told by my uncle whos owned many beardies that that was the best one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
i get it. i am one of those people that got taken by the sales people at petco and wound up with one of those same bulbs. well, the person i rescued sir henry from did anyway and i got that setup from her. luckily i found this forum and was able to get the help i needed to keep my little scaly love bug alive.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
i get it. i am one of those people that got taken by the sales people at petco and wound up with one of those same bulbs. well, the person i rescued sir henry from did anyway and i got that setup from her. luckily i found this forum and was able to get the help i needed to keep my little scaly love bug alive.
Please let me know when you get the uvb placement and distance will be determined by the screen on the tank-- coil uvb's are a health hazzard- long term use can result in death -

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom