Beardie ate worm feeder

Jaretr

Beardie name(s)
Hops, Chuck Norris, and Kush
My beardie got excited when I pulled out the silkworm colony and he ate one of the worm feeder cubes along with one of the silkworms, should I be concerned?

Jaretr

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
He’s a little over 12 inches, a little over 11 years old. Always been extremely healthy

Jaretr

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
He’s a little over 12 inches, a little over 11 years old. Always been extremely healthy
about half the feeder cube smooshed out of the side of his mouth and I took it before he could try again. So I’m not really concerned about the amount but more making sure there’s nothing in it that could be harmful.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He should be fine, try to be careful next time though. Are you sure he's only 12" at 11 yrs. old ? Or is his tail broke off .

Jaretr

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
He should be fine, try to be careful next time though. Are you sure he's only 12" at 11 yrs. old ? Or is his tail broke off .
Yes, he’s fully grown but was much smaller than his siblings even at birth. He’s about 5-10% smaller than the average beardie. He has his full tail.

Jaretr

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I’m not sure, when I was young I got him from a local breeder. He was the first in his litter to be adopted because I thought it was cute that he was “the runt” out of the 7 or so I chose from he was obviously smaller although they were siblings.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I think around 12 inches is where the rankins max out, thats the reason i asked. It would be interesting to see his siblings and see what size they are for comparison.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
A breeder would 100 % know and tell you if it was a Rankin's because they are much more rare and a specialty lizard. It's possible that your dragon is even a little bit larger than your estimate so if you measure him you'll know for sure. Can you post a pic of him ?

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom