Beardie Age ?

Asper

Beardie name(s)
Harry
I got my beardie from a friend and I don’t know her age, I only have a rough estimation.

My beardie lived with someone else before my friend, so we are unsure of her age.

She has not laid eggs in the 4 years my friend had her. She’s alert and likes to explore, but also loves to lay around and relax. She’s healthy and eats a good amount.

Is there anyway I could estimate her age at this point ? I’m not sure at what age they stop laying eggs.

(She is confirmed female by the way.)

Asper

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Harry
You have a photo?
This is her as of current. She measures 51cm (about 20in). She may be smaller than most because she, unfortunately, endured a lot of early life trauma.
D21AF7AE-B634-4EAE-9B0A-71D108C68675.jpeg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Was she an adult when your friend got her 4 years ago ? If so she's possibly around 6 years old, but could be a little older. It may sound crazy but they can lay eggs even at 9-10 yrs. old, some owners have posted here when they were shocked with their first clutch of eggs coming at that age. By the way, she's actually on the medium-large side as far as beardies go, not small at all and quite chunky. Do you know her weight ?

Asper

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Harry
Was she an adult when your friend got her 4 years ago ? If so she's possibly around 6 years old, but could be a little older. It may sound crazy but they can lay eggs even at 9-10 yrs. old, some owners have posted here when they were shocked with their first clutch of eggs coming at that age. By the way, she's actually on the medium-large side as far as beardies go, not small at all and quite chunky. Do you know her weight ?
I don’t know her weight, and I’m so glad she’s considered chunky I was so scared of her being too skinny 😭. I’ll see if I can get her weighed fairly soon, and yes she was an adult when my friend got her. And yeah, 6-8 years was our estimation.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom