Beardie Age ?

Asper

Beardie name(s)
Harry
I got my beardie from a friend and I don’t know her age, I only have a rough estimation.

My beardie lived with someone else before my friend, so we are unsure of her age.

She has not laid eggs in the 4 years my friend had her. She’s alert and likes to explore, but also loves to lay around and relax. She’s healthy and eats a good amount.

Is there anyway I could estimate her age at this point ? I’m not sure at what age they stop laying eggs.

(She is confirmed female by the way.)

Asper

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Harry
You have a photo?
This is her as of current. She measures 51cm (about 20in). She may be smaller than most because she, unfortunately, endured a lot of early life trauma.
D21AF7AE-B634-4EAE-9B0A-71D108C68675.jpeg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Was she an adult when your friend got her 4 years ago ? If so she's possibly around 6 years old, but could be a little older. It may sound crazy but they can lay eggs even at 9-10 yrs. old, some owners have posted here when they were shocked with their first clutch of eggs coming at that age. By the way, she's actually on the medium-large side as far as beardies go, not small at all and quite chunky. Do you know her weight ?

Asper

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Harry
Was she an adult when your friend got her 4 years ago ? If so she's possibly around 6 years old, but could be a little older. It may sound crazy but they can lay eggs even at 9-10 yrs. old, some owners have posted here when they were shocked with their first clutch of eggs coming at that age. By the way, she's actually on the medium-large side as far as beardies go, not small at all and quite chunky. Do you know her weight ?
I don’t know her weight, and I’m so glad she’s considered chunky I was so scared of her being too skinny 😭. I’ll see if I can get her weighed fairly soon, and yes she was an adult when my friend got her. And yeah, 6-8 years was our estimation.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

setting up a tank for a garter snake in a few months!!
Trying to finish setting up my beardie tank. Just gotta connect it to the power.
Okay lol so as I was told my baby was a boy when I rescued him hehe well I took him to my vet and was advised he is a she ! I was thinking of renaming her to Virgo from Toothless any suggestions for names 😊🥰
I am new and looking for a teen beardie. I have been doing a lot of research for about 2 years.
I'm new here but not new to dragons or snakes. Over the 7 years. I opened my heart and home to neglected. unwanted dras and snakes, some critical conditions. Then nursing them back to health and their final family home. I regularly help my reptiles vet with emergency appointments and I also provide the care in my little quenteen,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abby2121
Top Bottom