Beardie acting strange with head tilt

Jay_Dub

Hey guys new to the bearded dragon world. We got this one about a week ago and he’s been doing fine, until about yesterday he started acting weird and tilting his head like this. Any ideas what’s wrong with him and what I can do to get him right? Thank you
50DDC163-C6E3-4F62-A263-8A50E6A320BE.jpeg
2FF92C6C-DBAE-45C8-8380-B672D54C3499.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys new to the bearded dragon world. We got this one about a week ago and he’s been doing fine, until about yesterday he started acting weird and tilting his head like this. Any ideas what’s wrong with him and what I can do to get him right? Thank you View attachment 75343 View attachment 75344
Yes please get a good UVB --- hes getting NO uvb w/ the position of the fixture --- please get this right away --- here are some links
are you in the states? If so if you have a Pet Smart look there for this one you want a 12% bulb
or this one https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjA0In0= you will need to change the bulb out to 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb - please do this immediately-- please get rid of the sand -- use paper towels for now --- and you need two digital probe thermometers --- you want accurate surface basking temps-- how old is the dragon and to be honest hes in bad shape ---

Jay_Dub

Original Poster
Ok thank you we will get on that asap also we think he’s a few months old the pet store we got him from say they’re all juveniles.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok thank you we will get on that asap also we think he’s a few months old the pet store we got him from say they’re all juveniles.
If he is a baby he has not had proper lighting - UVB -- but for this to come on like this now is not good - he may have already been sick but I dont know please get him off the sand and get those digital probe thermometers surface basking temps 105-110-- juveniles need 95-100 temps -- I would get him a ceramic heat emitter and keep temps at night around 80-- I dont know if hes going to make to be honest

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, how is your boy doing?
As Karrie suggested, UVB lighting is extremely important. Do you know what the humidity is in the
tank? Sometimes if it's too dry, they can get inner ear issues causing balance trouble. It could be
another type of infection or a neurological issue like Adeno virus.
Are you giving calcium daily for him?

Tracie

Jay_Dub

Original Poster
Good evening, he’s still holding his head to the side and not eating but he had a bowel movement Friday and a tiny one yesterday still bathing him everyday a few times a day and got him the new light and took the sand out and put in paper towels in his tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Good evening, he’s still holding his head to the side and not eating but he had a bowel movement Friday and a tiny one yesterday still bathing him everyday a few times a day and got him the new light and took the sand out and put in paper towels in his tank.
Where is the new light? What brand and bulb? The screen on the tank if there is one is it a fine mesh like a screen door or wide hole - this will determine where the uvb goes-- please no more baths

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing today? Once you get a chance, definitely post some new pictures of
the tank with the new lighting in place just so we can see it.
Is he eating anything for you right now?

Keep us posted on his progress.
Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom