Beardie acting erratic.

Mollysn28

Hi all. Wizard's mom here. He is a 3 yr old leather-back, beautiful, healthy, and usually very chill boy. He loves chilling in his 4×2×2 enclosure, or chillin' with us to watch a movie. He loves people, he's very calm, usually quite lazy, and LOVES getting in the shower every morning. Well all of a sudden today, he starts running back and forth in his enclosure. Standing up and leaning on the partition, and jumping out. If I put him on the couch, he jumps off. If I put him on my son's bed, he jumps off. Right now he's just running all over the condo. Almost as if he's exploring or hunting. Which would normally be super cute, but this is SO out of character for him. I worry he might be getting sick. I saw a video of a sick beardie once, and she would literally do front flips off the bed. So I'm worried. He hasn't had a great appetite as of late. Maybe a few super worms one day, a little green leaf lettuce the next. But never a lot. Any advice?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi all. Wizard's mom here. He is a 3 yr old leather-back, beautiful, healthy, and usually very chill boy. He loves chilling in his 4×2×2 enclosure, or chillin' with us to watch a movie. He loves people, he's very calm, usually quite lazy, and LOVES getting in the shower every morning. Well all of a sudden today, he starts running back and forth in his enclosure. Standing up and leaning on the partition, and jumping out. If I put him on the couch, he jumps off. If I put him on my son's bed, he jumps off. Right now he's just running all over the condo. Almost as if he's exploring or hunting. Which would normally be super cute, but this is SO out of character for him. I worry he might be getting sick. I saw a video of a sick beardie once, and she would literally do front flips off the bed. So I'm worried. He hasn't had a great appetite as of late. Maybe a few super worms one day, a little green leaf lettuce the next. But never a lot. Any advice?
Go over the UVB? is it a coil or a long tube fixture and how old is the bulb? We always start w/ lighting and surface basking temps in the tank - what are they are how are you taking them? digital probe thermometer? also are you sure its a he? is there any digging going on? or just glass surfing ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom