Beardie 4 legs partial paralyzed/weak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim44

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to give you an update on Smoke. We went to the doctor and he had an x-ray done to look at his limbs and to see if he had any sepsis things look good. He had blood work done all his levels came back good. Have to wait for the white and red blood count test. The calcium increased and so did the phosphorus. The doctor also took another adenovirus test. And obviously we have to wait for that. So we're waiting for the testing to show if he still has an infection. She thinks it's still MBD.The protocol she gave him the anti-inflammatory medicine and wait for the testing.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, that is good news for Smoke. If it isn't any sepsis & his blood work came back pretty good, then, it will just take some time
for him to recover if it's metabolic bone disease.
Other than water therapy there isn't much more you can do except for letting him roam around out of his tank just for more exercise.
Please keep us posted on his progress.

Tracie

Kim44

Original Poster
I am bummed!!! We took Smoke back to the vet and she did another X-ray and said his hip had a fracture that is calcified. Some days he walks and days he doesn’t. His WBC was elevated and he was put on another antibiotic. Plus he has yellow on his belly he was given Lamisil . Vet thought maybe he had yellow fungus! The past couple of days he is not eating well and has a black beard. Now he is on calcium carbonate and meloxicam. Please help

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

I looked over your pics but I don't think he has yellow fungus though. If you want to be sure you can use the lamisil for a few
days or so but it is probably old skin needing to shed.
I will look over the blood tests more on thursday. How is he doing this evening, resting?
Let us know if his beard is still black.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom