Not open for further replies.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Hey everyone! Most of you might have noticed a bit of a change in the look and feel of the site. We have had a long over due redesign of the site! My hopes are that these changes will help people stay in tune with other changes going on on the site, including new articles and content! Be sure to check out the new site home page! And the rest of the site content!!!

Note: The forums should still function and look mostly the same.

I would really appreciate feedback, especially if something looks broken or is significantly problematic for you! The moderators have helped with debugging as much as we could to try different browsers and platforms, but we can only test so much.

If you use Internet Explorer, I STRONGLY recommend that you try switching to Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Internet Explorer continues to fail to support the web standards as well as all the others, and I simply couldn't keep supporting it due to how much more work IE makes web developers go through just to make the site look like it does in every other browser.

I hope that you all find the change to be a welcome one! Again, PLEASE let me know if there are things broken. I do know there are some bugs in my changes, but most are minimal, and I will get to fixing them when I can.

Enjoy!
-Alex

littlegoron

Hatchling Member
it looks excellent! i really like that it's subtle changes but still really up to date and modern. I actually logged on and wondered if i had CTRL +'d the website to make it larger because something looked different, but it was just the changes haha. It looks excellent and still very easy to find your way around, not drastic at all. Well done!

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Thanks for the feedback!

Btw, for anyone wondering... I am aware of the issue where the page width seems to be changing depending on what part of the forums you are on (index of forums, vs. viewing your posts, or after you post, etc.). I will be working to get that to be more consistent. It should layout in the browser much more like the main home page when I eventually fix the forum templates.

Thanks!
-Alex

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
I'll be honest...took me about 12 hours but I'm a fan! Haha! I'm not good with change in general but...after navigating around for a bit, I think it's a good change. Nice work!

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
I love the changes, though with the info tabs on the right, it seems a tad odd to have the little poster info boxes (You know, your avatar, username, basic info) next to each post appear on the right as well. Everything else looks great! :3

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
SpitFyre":36w1hz4a said:
I love the changes, though with the info tabs on the right, it seems a tad odd to have the little poster info boxes (You know, your avatar, username, basic info) next to each post appear on the right as well. Everything else looks great! :3
I agree. But there were two factors in that. 1) I didn't want to have to completely try and rewrite the forum templates. 2) It may have resulted in being a bigger change that confuses people. For now, we'll see if we just get used to it that way. :)

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
beardie":3kjpzfad said:
SpitFyre":3kjpzfad said:
I agree. But there were two factors in that. 1) I didn't want to have to completely try and rewrite the forum templates. 2) It may have resulted in being a bigger change that confuses people. For now, we'll see if we just get used to it that way. :)
All right, but it still looks odd! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom