Bearded won’t eat

Happymule

My dragon is 8 months old He had good appetite until about month ago. Vet X-rayed and did blood work. CBC. Was good. She said rest of blood work was good. She checked virus. He didn’t have any No parasites He is still not eating. We have him in 75 gallon zen tank. Basking 95 to 101. Cool side 85. We have u v light. Still don’t know what we doing wrong

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
What have you tried feeding him? Exactly how long have he gone without eating? I know mines get tired of eating the same things so I switch the greens up weekly. I also add bee pollen to the greens which helped tremendously.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My dragon is 8 months old He had good appetite until about month ago. Vet X-rayed and did blood work. CBC. Was good. She said rest of blood work was good. She checked virus. He didn’t have any No parasites He is still not eating. We have him in 75 gallon zen tank. Basking 95 to 101. Cool side 85. We have u v light. Still don’t know what we doing wrong
How are you getting the basking temp? It should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- and it should be a surface basking temp - uvb are you using a coil or long tube fixture - they will quit eating w/ incorrect surface basking temps and uvb -

Happymule

Original Poster
What have you tried feeding him? Exactly how long have he gone without eating? I know mines get tired of eating the same things so I switch the greens up weekly. I also add bee pollen to the greens which helped tremendously.
It’s been about a month. We feed him spring mix. Arugula. Crickets and Dubia roaches I will try the bee pollen. We also tried kale turnip greens. Thank you for your help 😃

Happymule

Original Poster
It’s been about a month. We feed him spring mix. Arugula. Crickets and Dubia roaches I will try the bee pollen. We also tried kale turnip greens. Thank you for your help 😃
I forgot we have been feeding him omnivore critical care that the vet told us to since he quit eating

Happymule

Original Poster
How are you getting the basking temp? It should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- and it should be a surface basking temp - uvb are you using a coil or long tube fixture - they will quit eating w/ incorrect surface basking temps and uvb -
Ok thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The u v bulb is a long tube. And we are using a digital gun thermometer. What should the surface basking temp be
Digital probe thermometer- needs to be used - they are the most accurate - temp gun is good but will not read off of certain materials like hammocks- temp should be 95-100 -- your uvb is a T 5 or T 8 and where in the tank is it? How old is the bulb?

Happymule

Original Poster
image.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Here is picture of his tank
Ok please upgrade your uvb zoo med 24" fixture T 5 bulb or Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb - PetSmart has started carrying them if you have one there check see if it's in stock - the T 8 needs to be lowered to 6-8 inches-

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom