Bearded in desperate need of help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so you may need to lower the PowerSun if your not getting correct basking temps 95-100 and house temp at nite is ok at 75 --- 80 is too warm --

brandostoked

Original Poster
KarrieRee":homiwmjb said:
Ok so you may need to lower the PowerSun if your not getting correct basking temps 95-100 and house temp at nite is ok at 75 --- 80 is too warm --

I am still working on getting the hot side to 95-100 right now with the powersun but I can’t seem to get my cold side below 86° either.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How are you getting ambient temps? I dont see any dial thermometer or digital probe thermometers? Please get a digital probe if you dont have one and you need a digital probe hygrometer- place on back center wall of the tank - optimal humidity level is 30-50% nothing under 20 and over 70% - but you really need to get the 86 down if that is a true actual temp on cool side - has she been basking since you took the red bulb out?

brandostoked

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3s1bzcku said:
How are you getting ambient temps? I dont see any dial thermometer or digital probe thermometers? Please get a digital probe if you dont have one and you need a digital probe hygrometer- place on back center wall of the tank - optimal humidity level is 30-50% nothing under 20 and over 70% - but you really need to get the 86 down if that is a true actual temp on cool side - has she been basking since you took the red bulb out?

Got it and yes she is basking right now just laying on the hot side by her hammock with her arms extended and head up (has never done that before in her cage only outside).

brandostoked

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3mbo19eu said:

Got it and yes she is basking right now just laying on the hot side by her hammock with her arms extended and head up (has never done that before in her cage only outside). I really believe the reason I can’t get the cold side down is because the cage is too small. I have an extra 29 tall and maybe I would be able to achieve the right temps in that.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You dont want a tall tank --- it is better for a disabled dragon to have floor space and not height- what size tank is she in now?

brandostoked

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2eb6ypm6 said:

Got it and yes she is basking right now just laying on the hot side by her hammock (on the floor) with her arms extended and head up (has never done that before in her cage only outside). I really believe the reason I can’t get the cold side down is because the cage is too small. I have an extra 29 tall and maybe I would be able to achieve the right temps in that.

brandostoked

Original Poster
Big huge update: she climbed up to her hammock by herself for the first time in over a year! Basking at the highest point in her cage right now.

brandostoked

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2m1k825x said:
That is really good news ---- :) sounds like improvement

Fingers crossed. She actually now responds to me petting her too she actually moved her head to look at my finger and is responsive to people looking at her and walking past. Woo hoo! This is the best shes been since we first got her and she was a juvenile!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok just remember to change out her UVB in approx a year from install I recommend a month prior to - have you gotten the UVB unobstructed or is it still sitting on the screen? If its on the screen make sure its 8-10 inches directly above her --- but I would definitely try getting it unobstructed w/ the 12-15 inches making it more 12 if you can - but you had posted it was 14.5 inches? correct - is that w/ no screen?

brandostoked

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2rt1r6s6 said:
ok just remember to change out her UVB in approx a year from install I recommend a month prior to - have you gotten the UVB unobstructed or is it still sitting on the screen? If its on the screen make sure its 8-10 inches directly above her --- but I would definitely try getting it unobstructed w/ the 12-15 inches making it more 12 if you can - but you had posted it was 14.5 inches? correct - is that w/ no screen?

It is unobstructed just laying on top of the cage with no screen on. Her hammock to the unobstructed UVB bar distance measures 11inches.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok that is good ---- shes gonna get the good strong UVB she needs then ---- and the behavior is showing just that

brandostoked

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3pgtnwna said:
ok that is good ---- shes gonna get the good strong UVB she needs then ---- and the behavior is showing just that

Woo hoo! I’ll let you know how feeding goes. Fingers crossed. I am going to offer black solider fly if she doesn’t go for it then dubias and if that doesn’t get it repashy. Hopefully she does for the larvae. I will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom