Bearded in desperate need of help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need to use the user image uploader at the top of the page in the banner- they need to be downloaded then click on the XIMG at the top of the message box click on the pic it should post

brandostoked

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3rnxh6mq said:
You need to use the user image uploader at the top of the page in the banner- they need to be downloaded then click on the XIMG at the top of the message box click on the pic it should post
I reuploaded them, they should be above your most recent post.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please get rid of the red bulb ASAP-- dragons need dark and cool to sleep and no colored bulbs for anything-- it's hurting her eyes and disturbing her sleep-- you need a bright white basking bulb that keeps basking temps 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer-- this is what starts digestion - this would be why she's not eating!

brandostoked

Original Poster
KarrieRee":mpyuljg9 said:
Please get rid of the red bulb ASAP-- dragons need dark and cool to sleep and no colored bulbs for anything-- it's hurting her eyes and disturbing her sleep-- you need a bright white basking bulb that keeps basking temps 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer-- this is what starts digestion - this would be why she's not eating!

I thought the red light would be okay for day time just keep it off for night. For the basking bulb just a white heat lamp with no uvb correct? I have a power sun but that UVB plus the UVB may be too much. I will go out and get a white basking bulb tomorrow.

brandostoked

Original Poster
I also have a 10.0 UVB white bulb that I could use it is less powerful than powersun so I don’t know if that would be better.

brandostoked

Original Poster
Or here’s an idea, I can use the power sun as her basking and uvb light and just not use the bar UVB anymore even though I just bought a new one. My house is 75-78 at night is that not too cold for them?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok this is what you want --- the MVB is what brand and wattage - that is good for heat and basking --- and some UVB they usually dont put out enough UVB so it is always recommended and long tube fixture be added --- so please get rid of the red bulb all together --- tell me what long tube UVB your using T 5 or a T 8 so we can get it properly placed and distanced - both of the MVB and UVB's need proper placement and distance to be effective ----

brandostoked

Original Poster
KarrieRee":21y8jv2o said:
Ok this is what you want --- the MVB is what brand and wattage - that is good for heat and basking --- and some UVB they usually dont put out enough UVB so it is always recommended and long tube fixture be added --- so please get rid of the red bulb all together --- tell me what long tube UVB your using T 5 or a T 8 so we can get it properly placed and distanced - both of the MVB and UVB's need proper placement and distance to be effective ----

The MVB (powersun) I have is 80Watt by zoomed. Red Bulb has been taken out. The long UVB bulb is a 10.0 T5 by zoomed. So you are saying run both the PowerSun and UVB bar bulb at the same time?

brandostoked

Original Poster
The 80 watts should be enough to heat her hot side to the proper temps as long as I lower it closer to the top of her cage.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Run at the same time 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off he will go to the long tube if he needs it---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom