Bearded Dragon's UVB lamp broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning my UVB lamp broke, I went to the store and they were all sold out. I can't take her outside because it's around 50 degrees right now. Will she be okay while I try to figure it out and is there anything I can do in the meantime?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
UVB lamp broke--- are you talking about the whole fixture or the bulb or what? I dont know how long they can go w/ out the UVB --- 18 in. Fluorescent Under Cabinet Light Fixture at Home Depot if you need a new one or no other stores that sell them -- what kind of UVB do you have now that broke?
Karrie

brooklyn2301

Original Poster
KarrieRee":rxq5hsfy said:
UVB lamp broke--- are you talking about the whole fixture or the bulb or what? I dont know how long they can go w/ out the UVB --- 18 in. Fluorescent Under Cabinet Light Fixture at Home Depot if you need a new one or no other stores that sell them -- what kind of UVB do you have now that broke?
Karrie
The actual lamp broke, I think the bulb is fine. I have a 48-inch lamp from Walmart and it's out of stock

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She will be fine for a couple days while you sort out sourcing a new fixture :)
Even if you had to order online with prime shipping a few days without UVB will do no real damage.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Since your going to invest in a new one I would recommend this Reptisun 10 T5 or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5 tube, both of which are very good. You will need a T 5 light fixture as well. Can be ordered from pangeareptiles.com
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom