Bearded dragons loving different temps?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Just wondering if each beardie has their desired temperatures that they prefer.

My Chubbs will stay under her light till she warms up and will normally shy away from 108-110+. Yet my Amber seems to not like sitting under her light if it's over 104? Granted if I give Amber a bath she will sit under the basking bulb (or early morning).

It's cool that my 2 girls have their own desired temps that they prefer I just wanted to make sure it was normal. I'm using a probe thermometer so I get a constant reading on the basking spots.

Amber will be on her rock(s) near her basking spot and my Chubbs will also lay on the mat near the basking spot if they both are warm enough

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Just wondering if each beardie has their desired temperatures that they prefer.

My Chubbs will stay under her light till she warms up and will normally shy away from 108-110+. Yet my Amber seems to not like sitting under her light if it's over 104? Granted if I give Amber a bath she will sit under the basking bulb (or early morning).

It's cool that my 2 girls have their own desired temps that they prefer I just wanted to make sure it was normal. I'm using a probe thermometer so I get a constant reading on the basking spots.

Amber will be on her rock(s) near her basking spot and my Chubbs will also lay on the mat near the basking spot if they both are warm enough
Yes that is normal

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
My beardies seem to prefer 98.1 lmao 🤣 😂 😆 .......(tucked in under my chin 😁)
As a bearded guy my beardies have grown up sleeping on my neck or under my beard 🤣

My Chubbs loves it hot and my Amber likes it slightly cooler it's unique but weird lol

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Personally i love that each if them have a unique personality, it makes them much more fun and rewarding. I have 5 total and every one of them have quirks unique to them.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom