Bearded dragons digging but has no eggs!!??? PLZ HELP!!!

Beardie name(s)
Princess
I have an almost 1-year-old gray female bearded dragon and her name is Princess.
she has been digging in the sand that I put in her cage just in case she wants to lay eggs, but her belly is all flat!?... She has not been with a boy But we want her to breed in a month. She has been going into her water dish and trying to dig in the water... I was also wondering when are bearded dragons wanting to breed and how to get them to want to breed... PLEASE HELP!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have an almost 1-year-old gray female bearded dragon and her name is Princess.
she has been digging in the sand that I put in her cage just in case she wants to lay eggs, but her belly is all flat!?... She has not been with a boy But we want her to breed in a month. She has been going into her water dish and trying to dig in the water... I was also wondering when are bearded dragons wanting to breed and how to get them to want to breed... PLEASE HELP!
Ahbd can help you w/ this
@AHBD

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
First do not breed her at her age. Females typically arnt even sexually mature at 1 year and should never be bred until they are 2 years old and males 18 months. You could cause undo harm and stress on her at her age. It typically doesn't take much to get beardies to breed, put a mature and healthy male and female together and it typically happens. Sometimes they need a little push aka a brief brumation or a slight increase in ambient temp. For the most part it's as simple as putting them together.

bussdebo

Beardie name(s)
Cierra, Freya, Grrl
Have you done your research on breeding? It's extensive. Your female is too young to breed. 2-3 yrs is best. You have to have protein ready for her to eat when she's done but first she'll need a warm bath. Plus water for her to drink after labour. Digging to lay her eggs is better in a bigger Rubbermaid container with black earth mixed with play sand, to make it easier to dig. Needs to be damp so the tunnel she digs is deep enough for her to turn around in & lay her eggs. There are usually up to 30 eggs. If they are fertilized by a male, could get 30 eggs per clutch a few times over the summer. Plus babies need to be fed 2x daily 15 min each feeding.
Sorry but I was a mediator on the original site over 10 years ago💗.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, many dragons love to dig in the sand whether they are male or female so try not to worry. Just keep her well fed and don't be in a hurry to breed her, she is a bit young and it will take a lot out of her to form all the eggs. You might benefit from reading this thread as well :

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Also they can have multiple clutches from 1 breeding, SOOOOOOO instead of a few little cuties you could end up with 100 plus hungry little mouths to feed plus find homes for.
Yes they are cute and are great but research,research, research did i mention research? before you jump into it. Then there is the issue also of sending them into bad homes were they are neglected or abused.
Not trying to say don't do it but find out what your getting into first.

Princess proud owner!!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Princess
First do not breed her at her age. Females typically arnt even sexually mature at 1 year and should never be bred until they are 2 years old and males 18 months. You could cause undo harm and stress on her at her age. It typically doesn't take much to get beardies to breed, put a mature and healthy male and female together and it typically happens. Sometimes they need a little push aka a brief brumation or a slight increase in ambient temp. For the most part it's as simple as putting them together.
thank you so much for the info!

Princess proud owner!!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Princess
Have you done your research on breeding? It's extensive. Your female is too young to breed. 2-3 yrs is best. You have to have protein ready for her to eat when she's done but first she'll need a warm bath. Plus water for her to drink after labour. Digging to lay her eggs is better in a bigger Rubbermaid container with black earth mixed with play sand, to make it easier to dig. Needs to be damp so the tunnel she digs is deep enough for her to turn around in & lay her eggs. There are usually up to 30 eggs. If they are fertilized by a male, could get 30 eggs per clutch a few times over the summer. Plus babies need to be fed 2x daily 15 min each feeding.
Sorry but I was a mediator on the original site over 10 years ago💗.
No need to say sorry.😊 I have done TONS of research on bearded dragons and breeding. Most of them say around 1 year old so that's what I assumed but now I know.😁 It's been my dream to take care of animals since I was a little kid. And my neighbor has a boy bearded dragon named Buddy. I have 1 inch of some sand in her cave that she has been digging so excessively (Also 2 times she did it in her water dish...?) but I might need more sand... Anyway, I will look into the Rubbermaid container. can you maybe send me the link? Thanks!
Ps. I thought they only had around 12!.. And is it USA summer when they lay there eggs?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They technically CAN be mated at 1 year but it is better to wait at least until they are 18 months , full size and good weight. BTW, the link that I included in my other post has a lot of good info. Raising babies takes a lot of money if your dragon does lay eggs that hatch. You can find laybox info on youtube.

Princess proud owner!!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Princess
Also they can have multiple clutches from 1 breeding, SOOOOOOO instead of a few little cuties you could end up with 100 plus hungry little mouths to feed plus find homes for.
Yes they are cute and are great but research,research, research did i mention research? before you jump into it. Then there is the issue also of sending them into bad homes were they are neglected or abused.
Not trying to say don't do it but find out what your getting into first.
ok, thank you.

Princess proud owner!!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Princess
They technically CAN be mated at 1 year but it is better to wait at least until they are 18 months , full size and good weight. BTW, the link that I included in my other post has a lot of good info. Raising babies takes a lot of money if your dragon does lay eggs that hatch. You can find laybox info on youtube.
ok, thanks a ton!

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom