Bearded Dragon wouldn’t wake up after surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesslyn_taylor

A little back story.. I rescued this bearded dragon because she was cohabited with another beardie and got beat up. She was abused & had tail rot when i got her. I scheduled an appointment for her to get her tail amputated.

I took her to the vet 8 am. Didn’t get a call until about 2:15 saying surgery went well but recovery isn’t going that great. She had a bad reaction to the anesthesia, and he heart is still beating but she isn’t waking up nor is she breathing on her own. They told me i can come and see her and they can keep trying. She was pronounced dead at 5:45. Her heart rate slowed tremendously and she still wasn’t breathing on her own. I am devastated, has anyone had anything similar happen??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
A little back story.. I rescued this bearded dragon because she was cohabited with another beardie and got beat up. She was abused & had tail rot when i got her. I scheduled an appointment for her to get her tail amputated.

I took her to the vet 8 am. Didn’t get a call until about 2:15 saying surgery went well but recovery isn’t going that great. She had a bad reaction to the anesthesia, and he heart is still beating but she isn’t waking up nor is she breathing on her own. They told me i can come and see her and they can keep trying. She was pronounced dead at 5:45. Her heart rate slowed tremendously and she still wasn’t breathing on her own. I am devastated, has anyone had anything similar happen??
No but that is awful--- I am so sorry -- the poor thing she went thru a ordeal in life may she rest in peace -- I understand the heartbreak its never easy -- :cry:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, I'm so sorry. :( Do you have a pic of your girl before she went in ? My condolences to you for this unexpected tragedy.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh how awful for you. :cry: I am so sorry this has happened. It does happen sometimes but usually isn't a real
common occurrence. It is possible she had a bad reaction to the anesthesia or they gave too much anesthesia,
it is hard to know for sure. They are sure she wont come out of it then & have taken her off of the breathing machine?
This type of situation is absolutely devastating I know.

Tracie

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Oh i am so sorry. I got my beardie and she was the healthiest one out of her two brothers but once we brought her home, she was not very active and wasn't eating. Luckily, a couple days later, she was eating again. I was heartbroken to see my beardie like that. Her brothers looked so ill and i couldnt do anything about it cuz I wasn't adopting them. They might be dead or got taken to their new home very sick but i dont know. If they don't get owners when they are 6 months(2 more months) Then they will be euthanized. I was heartbroken. Hopefully they got adopted. Sorry to hear about your rescued beardie. If my beardie would've died, then I would've been devastated too:_(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom