Bearded Dragon wouldn’t wake up after surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesslyn_taylor

A little back story.. I rescued this bearded dragon because she was cohabited with another beardie and got beat up. She was abused & had tail rot when i got her. I scheduled an appointment for her to get her tail amputated.

I took her to the vet 8 am. Didn’t get a call until about 2:15 saying surgery went well but recovery isn’t going that great. She had a bad reaction to the anesthesia, and he heart is still beating but she isn’t waking up nor is she breathing on her own. They told me i can come and see her and they can keep trying. She was pronounced dead at 5:45. Her heart rate slowed tremendously and she still wasn’t breathing on her own. I am devastated, has anyone had anything similar happen??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
A little back story.. I rescued this bearded dragon because she was cohabited with another beardie and got beat up. She was abused & had tail rot when i got her. I scheduled an appointment for her to get her tail amputated.

I took her to the vet 8 am. Didn’t get a call until about 2:15 saying surgery went well but recovery isn’t going that great. She had a bad reaction to the anesthesia, and he heart is still beating but she isn’t waking up nor is she breathing on her own. They told me i can come and see her and they can keep trying. She was pronounced dead at 5:45. Her heart rate slowed tremendously and she still wasn’t breathing on her own. I am devastated, has anyone had anything similar happen??
No but that is awful--- I am so sorry -- the poor thing she went thru a ordeal in life may she rest in peace -- I understand the heartbreak its never easy -- :cry:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, I'm so sorry. :( Do you have a pic of your girl before she went in ? My condolences to you for this unexpected tragedy.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh how awful for you. :cry: I am so sorry this has happened. It does happen sometimes but usually isn't a real
common occurrence. It is possible she had a bad reaction to the anesthesia or they gave too much anesthesia,
it is hard to know for sure. They are sure she wont come out of it then & have taken her off of the breathing machine?
This type of situation is absolutely devastating I know.

Tracie

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Oh i am so sorry. I got my beardie and she was the healthiest one out of her two brothers but once we brought her home, she was not very active and wasn't eating. Luckily, a couple days later, she was eating again. I was heartbroken to see my beardie like that. Her brothers looked so ill and i couldnt do anything about it cuz I wasn't adopting them. They might be dead or got taken to their new home very sick but i dont know. If they don't get owners when they are 6 months(2 more months) Then they will be euthanized. I was heartbroken. Hopefully they got adopted. Sorry to hear about your rescued beardie. If my beardie would've died, then I would've been devastated too:_(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom