Bearded Dragon with MBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going?
Hopefully she will start eating something other than syringed food, soon! It is stressful
for you both. At least she has been more active recently.
I'm glad she hasn't thrown up anything again, that definitely upsets their system. Let us
know how her weight is doing & on her progress!

Tracie

RedRiver7

Original Poster
Drache613":1qqmkx6p said:
Hello,

How are things going?
Hopefully she will start eating something other than syringed food, soon! It is stressful
for you both. At least she has been more active recently.
I'm glad she hasn't thrown up anything again, that definitely upsets their system. Let us
know how her weight is doing & on her progress!

Tracie

It's been a while but I figured I should give an update.
I ended up taking her to the Vet in September who said she seemed fine and to just up her Calcium intake. I've continued to give her the liquid calcium, and she now has a mercury Vapor Bulb. She has been eating soild foods again, and is still very responsive when I come to check on her.
My only sorry is that the muscle spasms haven't really stopped.
I explained to the vet that she was shaking but again she said she seemed to be alright.
I was wondering if anyone has any idea how long it will take for these spasms to stop or if at this point it maybe irreversible or neurological. I was really hoping the twitching would stop but it hasn't and I continue to see it in all 4 legs, the base of her tail, and her head.
I may end up taking her back to the vet as I really don't like to see her twitch like she does and I am not seeing any major improvements.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So sorry your dragon is still having some trouble!
Which liquid calcium are you using, what brand, I cannot remember if you had purchased
my brand (bug-de-lite) or another brand?
Is she spending enough time basking & under her UVB light? Which MVB brand are you using?
How is her appetite doing?
Are you sure that she has not injured herself, since she still has quite a few twitches? How
often does she have them, off & on or often?
It is good that she is responsive, but too bad she still has some twitching problems. It does
take awhile for them to improve, but varies due to the severity.
Can you post new pictures of her & the setup also?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom