Bearded dragon with hurt arm. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello um.. I’m new here but I have had a bearded dragon for 7 years now. He was a surprise Christmas gift when I was little. He is my emotional support animal but recently he has been limping and not using his right arm. The joint is highly swollen and I have wrapped it with wrapping stuff my sis using in her gymnastics. Can anyone help me. I think it’s a sprain. This recently happened and it has been like this for months with no improvement. It has gotten worse over the months. I think it happened when he jumped off the couch trying to eat my salad 5 months ago. Please can anyone help me and tell me how to help my baby boy.

Attachments

• 808BC8C7-8D88-4984-9DBD-68EA5A29A120.jpeg
    808BC8C7-8D88-4984-9DBD-68EA5A29A120.jpeg
    282.7 KB · Views: 194
  • EFD3BBA3-C926-4281-B677-652CB817E67C.jpeg
    EFD3BBA3-C926-4281-B677-652CB817E67C.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 139

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello um.. I’m new here but I have had a bearded dragon for 7 years now. He was a surprise Christmas gift when I was little. He is my emotional support animal but recently he has been limping and not using his right arm. The joint is highly swollen and I have wrapped it with wrapping stuff my sis using in her gymnastics. Can anyone help me. I think it’s a sprain. This recently happened and it has been like this for months with no improvement. It has gotten worse over the months. I think it happened when he jumped off the couch trying to eat my salad 5 months ago. Please can anyone help me and tell me how to help my baby boy.
Please go over the UVB coil or a tube ? Where in the tank is it? Basking temps and how you are taking them? NO stick ons you want actual basking temps surface temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- these things I am asking are crucial to the dragon for healing and over all health - if its been months and its a sprain that UVB is gonna help it --- lets start there and I am going to get some more help --- are you using a hammock in the tank?
@AHBD @Drache613

LeniTheBeardieMama

Original Poster
Please go over the UVB coil or a tube ? Where in the tank is it? Basking temps and how you are taking them? NO stick ons you want actual basking temps surface temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- these things I am asking are crucial to the dragon for healing and over all health - if its been months and its a sprain that UVB is gonna help it --- lets start there and I am going to get some more help --- are you using a hammock in the tank?
@AHBD @Drache613
Ok thank you. This was helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom