Bearded Dragon With Gout Dosage

Carlos117

Original Poster
Hi there! My bearded dragon has gout, and I have been reading several comments here about it. I have already sought veterinary attention, but I'm just not sure about how much tart cherry juice and allopurinol to give her. She weighs 135g and is 8 months old. For now, I have been keeping her hydrated and feeding her a vegan animal protein powder prescribed by the veterinarian. I hope you can help me.
As an additional note, I can only find allopurinol in 300mg tablets

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry your dragon has gout. Do you have pictures you could post & did the vet do
a blood test or x-rays to help diagnose?
As far as tart cherry juice dose, it doesn't take much. Just give .5ml to 1ml daily, either
straight or you can dilute it a little bit with water.
Did the vet give you the 300mg tablets or do you have it yet? I can help with that if you
need, with suspending it, or other dose. If you need help with getting the meds, let me
know.
Have you made changes in the diet & oral fluid intake to help for kidney function?

Tracie

Carlos117

Original Poster
Hello,

Sorry your dragon has gout. Do you have pictures you could post & did the vet do
a blood test or x-rays to help diagnose?
As far as tart cherry juice dose, it doesn't take much. Just give .5ml to 1ml daily, either
straight or you can dilute it a little bit with water.
Did the vet give you the 300mg tablets or do you have it yet? I can help with that if you
need, with suspending it, or other dose. If you need help with getting the meds, let me
know.
Have you made changes in the diet & oral fluid intake to help for kidney function?

Tracie
Hello! Thank you, Tracie, for helping. The vet did a blood test which showed mild dehydration and high uric acid. So far, she doesn't have any major swelling except in her hand and arm. I bought allopurinol for her at 300mg, as I have seen and read in the group. I would like to know if you could help me understand how much and how to give it to her like i said i have the Allopurinol in tablets. Since her diagnosis, she has been on an EmerAid omnivore diet, which I have supplemented with a few ground alfalfa pellets mixed with her EmerAid. Additionally, once a week, I mix a little bit of grub pie with her EmerAid. To keep her hydrated, I give her baths and also give her 3ml of water directly.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sure absolutely no problem. I will send a PM for us to go over the dosing, etc.
How is she doing today?
Be sure to keep her protein levels low to moderate to help keep her kidneys from being too
stressed. The ground alfalfa pellets mixed with the EmerAid should be perfectly fine for her.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom