Bearded dragon with 2 small lumps under mouth is it normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. Im creating this post cause i noticed 2 small looking like lumps on each side of beard. I believe hes had these for years but just noticed them when i fed him super worms and wondering if this a fat storage location or if its normal. I uploaded a youtube video of him eating down below. Wondering if all dragons have these .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WyqjniR6FA8

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Remind us of how old your boy is now?
I have seen some dragons with lumps on each side of their jawline. It is probably nothing
to worry about but we can review your lighting & supplementation schedule, just to be sure.
It is possible he might have developed some calcium deposits perhaps, on the jawline.
Normally that is not a place for fat deposition though.
Is he acting normally despite those lumps there? It didn't seem to affect his chewing from
what I could tell.

Tracie

mattmarraj

Original Poster
Drache613":a0qyblq4 said:
Hello,

Remind us of how old your boy is now?
I have seen some dragons with lumps on each side of their jawline. It is probably nothing
to worry about but we can review your lighting & supplementation schedule, just to be sure.
It is possible he might have developed some calcium deposits perhaps, on the jawline.
Normally that is not a place for fat deposition though.
Is he acting normally despite those lumps there? It didn't seem to affect his chewing from
what I could tell.

Tracie
He is about 4-5 years old. I give him calium about 3-4 times a week and multi vitamin maybe once a week i try to. I have a power sun 160 watt for heating with a arcadia uv light strip running along side it. I have a solar meter that says basking site is around 3.1 uvb reading. Cold side is usually 78-84 and basking is around 102. Humidity is 31%. He does have lazy days where he isnt active much but he eats butternut squash and dandelion and hornworms or superworms 3x a week and never refuses them. Is calcium deposits something to worry about?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Some dragons develop calcium deposits but they are not real common. I wouldn't say that
they are normal but some do get them.
You could cut the calcium back to a few times per week to 3 times for now. Is the calcium with
or without D3?
The Powersun is a pretty good light, how close to him is it? Has he brumated before?
That 3.1 UVI reading for strength is good, so for now he should be getting adequate UVB
exposure.

mattmarraj

Original Poster
This past winter he did go through some sort of brumation where he hid alot and spent alof of time on cold side. But he would eat still certain days. Power sun is about 8 inches away i would say. I used to give d3 but the vet a couple years back took a xray of him cause his jaw would make a popping sound when he yawns and they said the d3 was too much and his jaw was Starting to mineralization from the d3 I believe they said. So we use normal calcium now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom