Bearded dragon update HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayewoods

UPDATE: I took KYNG to the vet yesterday & they said he has a hard lump on his left side that could be impaction they don’t know but they need to run X-rays.. he is healthy && his limbs are working fine otherwise. He is still eating && basking as well as active.. I do not know where else to go to apply fr help if he does need surgery :( I got denied for care one. Waiting for him to defecate again due to him not pooping at the vet after an enema they weren’t able to d a fecal. He pooped when I got him home in a tub. Vet recommended soaks && to go over his belly with a vibrating object to try to see if the ball moves down. Has anyone had this happen to their dragon? What should I do? I dipped in rent to bring him yesterday && just want to get him healthy w no lumps :( could that lump be from parasites? When I have him a bath I spotted a little blood in the water with his runny poop but it wasn’t enough for a total scare due to him just having an enema maybe half a drop of blood I saw.. Is my set up okay? Going to upgrade him when I have the funds but I want to get this lump resolved first.

Attachments

• CCA86F33-71A4-49CE-B844-40434252E0D9.jpeg
    CCA86F33-71A4-49CE-B844-40434252E0D9.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0773.MOV
    6.2 MB
  • 9364281A-13A3-4C31-9F7E-9ED56CEB974D.jpeg
    9364281A-13A3-4C31-9F7E-9ED56CEB974D.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 14C5AB61-6B4F-459E-A250-A6534DAC92D2.jpeg
    14C5AB61-6B4F-459E-A250-A6534DAC92D2.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 779C21F5-60FD-473E-8784-4B946309C682.jpeg
    779C21F5-60FD-473E-8784-4B946309C682.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0772.MP4
    4 MB
  • 620172AA-28EE-4B8D-B564-67A34131346B.jpeg
    620172AA-28EE-4B8D-B564-67A34131346B.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 107
  • F9E19606-6151-431D-B786-624B33A63CC1.jpeg
    F9E19606-6151-431D-B786-624B33A63CC1.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 109
  • BBE89C5E-89A3-4309-AECF-C9E22C32200B.jpeg
    BBE89C5E-89A3-4309-AECF-C9E22C32200B.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
UPDATE: I took KYNG to the vet yesterday & they said he has a hard lump on his left side that could be impaction they don’t know but they need to run X-rays.. he is healthy && his limbs are working fine otherwise. He is still eating && basking as well as active.. I do not know where else to go to apply fr help if he does need surgery :( I got denied for care one. Waiting for him to defecate again due to him not pooping at the vet after an enema they weren’t able to d a fecal. He pooped when I got him home in a tub. Vet recommended soaks && to go over his belly with a vibrating object to try to see if the ball moves down. Has anyone had this happen to their dragon? What should I do? I dipped in rent to bring him yesterday && just want to get him healthy w no lumps :(
Can you post a pic of KYNG's lump ---- please NO more Enemas ---- they are so hard on dragons--- we need to have Drache613 respond to this shes on late at nite I will flag the post to her --- do you have Carecredit where you are ?

Jayewoods

Original Poster
I have a hard time sometimes finding it but I took a pic a day or so ago of his belly when I thought I had a girl.. I’m in Massachusetts.I got denied for care credit. I don’t know where else to look. He is active && eating fine. I noticed he hasn’t touched his greens yesterday or the day before but allows insects. The vet said he is healthy other than that lump && he gave the enema to see if he would pass it && get a fecal bc I didn’t refrigerate his fecal ( didn’t know I had to) they couldn’t accept the fecal. They want to do X-rays but I already spent 500$ and the X-rays are an extra 650. We didn’t get that far to discuss surgery but he sent me home w instructions as to trying to dissipate the lump and or move it down.

Attachments

• 02156CEB-EE88-4CF6-B3FB-2028A9018A8D.jpeg
    02156CEB-EE88-4CF6-B3FB-2028A9018A8D.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 100

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have a hard time sometimes finding it but I took a pic a day or so ago of his belly when I thought I had a girl.. I’m in Massachusetts.I got denied for care credit. I don’t know where else to look. He is active && eating fine. I noticed he hasn’t touched his greens yesterday or the day before but allows insects. The vet said he is healthy other than that lump && he gave the enema to see if he would pass it && get a fecal bc I didn’t refrigerate his fecal ( didn’t know I had to) they couldn’t accept the fecal. They want to do X-rays but I already spent 500$ and the X-rays are an extra 650. We didn’t get that far to discuss surgery but he sent me home w instructions as to trying to dissipate the lump and or move it down.
Ok I flagged your post to Tracie --- lets see what she can say about the lump etc

Jayewoods

Original Poster
I just gave him a bath && used the vibrating bullet on him. He seems to allow it if I’m holding him but he just wants to snuggle now which is weird bc he is normally aggressive to me. Still is but he has come around && adjusted to me. I wanna cry bc I can’t afford that surgery && I’m just getting back to work catching up on bills. The shop sold me him so quick bc they knew something was wrong. What are my options? It’s so peculiar bc he is still eating still active && still pooping but it’s just diarrhea. Could the lump be from parasites? How does my set up look? Are my lights off or the placement of them? I put a sweatshirt over half the tank lastnight to retain heat but I have to be doing something wrong. I don’t know if he was on loose bark or what while he was at the shop. It when I got him he was on sand.. before that I don’t know.. undigested cocroaches be causing that lump or tumor ?:(

Jayewoods

Original Poster
Ok I flagged your post to Tracie --- lets see what she can say about the lump etc
The lump is on his left side && when I picked him up today I felt lumps on both sides but I think those were his collar bones or breast bones. That visible lump in the pic isn’t it.

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I just gave him a bath && used the vibrating bullet on him. He seems to allow it if I’m holding him but he just wants to snuggle now which is weird bc he is normally aggressive to me. Still is but he has come around && adjusted to me. I wanna cry bc I can’t afford that surgery && I’m just getting back to work catching up on bills. The shop sold me him so quick bc they knew something was wrong. What are my options? It’s so peculiar bc he is still eating still active && still pooping but it’s just diarrhea. Could the lump be from parasites? How does my set up look? Are my lights off or the placement of them? I put a sweatshirt over half the tank lastnight to retain heat but I have to be doing something wrong. I don’t know if he was on loose bark or what while he was at the shop. It when I got him he was on sand.. before that I don’t know.. undigested cocroaches be causing that lump or tumor ?:(
Make sure your using a good UVB NO coils please --- basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- this is all important for good digestion - are you getting any bugs coming out not digested? nite time temps should be 65-75 -- - I really dont know we need to see what Tracie thinks about the lump-- if you need help w/ the lighting UVB let me know tell me what your using and where it is in the tank if your using a long tube UVB

Jayewoods

Original Poster
I have a hard time sometimes finding it but I took a pic a day or so ago of his belly when I thought I had a girl..

Jayewoods

Original Poster
Make sure your using a good UVB NO coils please --- basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- this is all important for good digestion - are you getting any bugs coming out not digested? nite time temps should be 65-75 -- - I really dont know we need to see what Tracie thinks about the lump-- if you need help w/ the lighting UVB let me know tell me what your using and where it is in the tank if your using a long tube UVB
I’m using the Reptisun t5 36inch w a 10.0 && he has the necks of superworms in his stool undigested. I see that often but he is still defecating. I posted a pic of his set up in this post. I took the Reptisun && it only covers a portion of his tank rather than the entire thing due to being told that’s too much light if it’s across the whole back of the tank. He likes to be directly under the uvb I’ve noticed but jumps from basking to cool spot frequently.

Jayewoods

Original Poster
I just took this photo. The temp is low right now bc I just took him out && gave him a bath not too long ago. It takes awhile for the temps to get up there. I’m using a 150 watt zoo med basking bulb && a t5 w a 10.0 reptisun. He also has a Che on bc I couldn’t get the temps above 85 yesterday. I accidentally broke his first 150 zoo med basking bulb a few weeks ago so he was under 100 watt then a 150 incandescent && I finally got his 150 zoo med basking bulb yesterday bc the temps were ant right so I was adjusting the lights a bit. Could that be it? Parasites causing the lump? I wish I could say I felt this when I got him but he was so squeamish in the beginning that I couldn’t do a full inspection 😞

Attachments

• 1145E754-ABA0-4CD1-8653-36484C714519.jpeg
    1145E754-ABA0-4CD1-8653-36484C714519.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 96

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I’m using the Reptisun t5 36inch w a 10.0 && he has the necks of superworms in his stool undigested. I see that often but he is still defecating. I posted a pic of his set up in this post. I took the Reptisun && it only covers a portion of his tank rather than the entire thing due to being told that’s too much light if it’s across the whole back of the tank. He likes to be directly under the uvb I’ve noticed but jumps from basking to cool spot frequently.
The screen is fine mesh or wide hole? Where is the uvb? Inside or top? How far from basking distance? Please lay off the super worms

Jayewoods

Original Poster
The screen is fine mesh or wide hole? Where is the uvb? Inside or top? How far from basking distance? Please lay off the super worms
Its fine mesh I believe.. the holes are really small. It’s inside his tank. It sits on top of his tank. It was on the mesh now it’s inside the tank. Last time he had superworms was yesterday. I’m also thinking that the lump could be undigested food bc I called the hospital to see if he can be seen sooner && they said they’d call me back. As I was feeding him they called and said to bring him in && they’d see him in between patients so I drove an hour to bring him. He didn’t get to digest the 2 cocroaches and 2 superworms I gave him. But the discharge papers say “ retained feces vs. foreign body due to the firm linear irregular structure in the left coelom. This may be contributing to the diarrhea king is experiencing or it may be due to intestinal parasites.”

Jayewoods

Original Poster
Its fine mesh I believe.. the holes are really small. It’s inside his tank. It sits on top of his tank. It was on the mesh now it’s inside the tank. Last time he had superworms was yesterday. I’m also thinking that the lump could be undigested food bc I called the hospital to see if he can be seen sooner && they said they’d call me back. As I was feeding him they called and said to bring him in && they’d see him in between patients so I drove an hour to bring him. He didn’t get to digest the 2 cocroaches and 2 superworms I gave him. But the discharge papers say “ retained feces vs. foreign body due to the firm linear irregular structure in the left coelom. This may be contributing to the diarrhea king is experiencing or it may be due to intestinal parasites.”

Attachments

• 7277E007-60CE-4694-896A-CFC746B409FA.jpeg
    7277E007-60CE-4694-896A-CFC746B409FA.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 95

Jayewoods

Original Poster
also, what could I incorporate in his diet insect wise? I’m laying off the superworms so he’s eating Dubai roaches && horn worms (every three days) as of now && greens. Where can I order other insects? Which ones should I try for him now w this lump and possibly ingestion issues? Soft worms or course but how much should I feed him? Right now he’s given greens daily && insects every 2-3 days dusted w calcium, his greens are dusted daily as well, too much calcium?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom