Bearded dragon underweight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy Cardwell

Hi I'm new to this forum and just came to ask for help I have 2 bearded dragons one female one male both 2 years old and the female is alot bigger and fatter than the male and most of the time my male refuses to eat it upsets me quite alot because I don't know if he will live for much longer if he dosent eat please could someone help this is a picture of him

Attachments

• IMG_20210908_150720.jpg
    IMG_20210908_150720.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 165

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi I'm new to this forum and just came to ask for help I have 2 bearded dragons one female one male both 2 years old and the female is alot bigger and fatter than the male and most of the time my male refuses to eat it upsets me quite alot because I don't know if he will live for much longer if he dosent eat please could someone help this is a picture of him
The dragon in the pic is the male? If so he looks overweight--- if your keeping those dragons together I recommend you separate them ASAP--- dragons are territorial and one will dominate every thing in the tank --- basking spots food etc ---- eventually they will start to fight -- please post a pic of the one that is not eating---

Troy Cardwell

Original Poster
The dragon in the pic is the male? If so he looks overweight--- if your keeping those dragons together I recommend you separate them ASAP--- dragons are territorial and one will dominate every thing in the tank --- basking spots food etc ---- eventually they will start to fight -- please post a pic of the one that is not eating---
Hi again this is a picture of the underweight male he is layed flat in Thai photo so he looks ok and the vet said you can keep a male and female together as long as their 2 plus

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi again this is a picture of the underweight male he is layed flat in Thai photo so he looks ok and the vet said you can keep a male and female together as long as their 2 plus
Ok so the one pic you posted is the male? Vet is wrong about keeping them together -- usually they are kept together as hatchlings babie but it is also recommended that they be separated ASAP -- you end up w/ injured dragons missing tails missing toes etc sometimes death comes in a split second please post a pic of the other dragon -- I hate to say that but the pic you posted looks like the female and she looks like shes going to lay eggs-- fertile or infertile they can lay eggs -- and if shes been w/ a male your going to have babies from the way that dragon looks -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom