Bearded dragon underweight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy Cardwell

Hi I'm new to this forum and just came to ask for help I have 2 bearded dragons one female one male both 2 years old and the female is alot bigger and fatter than the male and most of the time my male refuses to eat it upsets me quite alot because I don't know if he will live for much longer if he dosent eat please could someone help this is a picture of him

Attachments

• IMG_20210908_150720.jpg
    IMG_20210908_150720.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 155

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi I'm new to this forum and just came to ask for help I have 2 bearded dragons one female one male both 2 years old and the female is alot bigger and fatter than the male and most of the time my male refuses to eat it upsets me quite alot because I don't know if he will live for much longer if he dosent eat please could someone help this is a picture of him
The dragon in the pic is the male? If so he looks overweight--- if your keeping those dragons together I recommend you separate them ASAP--- dragons are territorial and one will dominate every thing in the tank --- basking spots food etc ---- eventually they will start to fight -- please post a pic of the one that is not eating---

Troy Cardwell

Original Poster
The dragon in the pic is the male? If so he looks overweight--- if your keeping those dragons together I recommend you separate them ASAP--- dragons are territorial and one will dominate every thing in the tank --- basking spots food etc ---- eventually they will start to fight -- please post a pic of the one that is not eating---
Hi again this is a picture of the underweight male he is layed flat in Thai photo so he looks ok and the vet said you can keep a male and female together as long as their 2 plus

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi again this is a picture of the underweight male he is layed flat in Thai photo so he looks ok and the vet said you can keep a male and female together as long as their 2 plus
Ok so the one pic you posted is the male? Vet is wrong about keeping them together -- usually they are kept together as hatchlings babie but it is also recommended that they be separated ASAP -- you end up w/ injured dragons missing tails missing toes etc sometimes death comes in a split second please post a pic of the other dragon -- I hate to say that but the pic you posted looks like the female and she looks like shes going to lay eggs-- fertile or infertile they can lay eggs -- and if shes been w/ a male your going to have babies from the way that dragon looks -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom