Bearded Dragon Turning Purple

Rebecca19

Beardie name(s)
Myla
My Bearded Dragon's right back thigh is turning purple and I'm not sure what it is and what I need to do so I was wondering if anyone could help me please and thank you.

Rebecca19

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Myla

Attachments

• myla.jpg
    myla.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 76

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Your beardie is going to shed. Its normal

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
In your picture it looks like newspaper substrate. Paper is a fine substrate, but i recommend paper towels. The ink in newspaper is strong and could irritate their sinus and lungs. I personally am sensitive to it and don't read newspapers due to it, i would think it might be an irritant to them also.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
No, as they get older they stop doing complete body sheds, it will get extremely patchy. Some times it takes weeks for shed to let go, just let it do it's thing, and don't try to assist other then an occasional soak in warm shallow water. Make sure the water is not more than elbow deep and no hotter than lukewarm. If it feels hot to you its to hot to dunk them in. Also they use the same muscle group to walk and to breath. They can't do both at once, thats why the water shouldn't be above their elbows, don't want to risk drowning.

Rebecca19

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Myla
No, as they get older they stop doing complete body sheds, it will get extremely patchy. Some times it takes weeks for shed to let go, just let it do it's thing, and don't try to assist other then an occasional soak in warm shallow water. Make sure the water is not more than elbow deep and no hotter than lukewarm. If it feels hot to you its to hot to dunk them in. Also they use the same muscle group to walk and to breath. They can't do both at once, thats why the water shouldn't be above their elbows, don't want to risk drowning.
Oh ok thank you

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom