Bearded Dragon Toys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
It might sound kind of weird, but I was wondering if bearded dragon "toys" existed.
You know how there are toys for puppies that you put the treats in, and they play with it until they get them out?
I was thinking something like that- where my BD could push something around to try to get worms out or something :lol:

He seems so active after coming out of brumation- I haven't ever seen him run around so much before.

Lemme know :lol:

orangeansel

The only toys that I’ve encountered are like balls that are colored green or have black spots that sort of trick the dragon into biting and “playing” with it cuz it looks like food, but they DO have like plastic balls you could fill with worms if you wanted. If you have any clay, I’d recommend making your own cuz they’re kinda pricy.
Hope this sorta helped? My dude Ansel likes to play with dangling things too
=)

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
orangeansel":2k5gtyxy said:
The only toys that I’ve encountered are like balls that are colored green or have black spots that sort of trick the dragon into biting and “playing” with it cuz it looks like food, but they DO have like plastic balls you could fill with worms if you wanted. If you have any clay, I’d recommend making your own cuz they’re kinda pricy.
=)

Yeah it does!
I would have to maybe get clear a clear plastic ball; unless FlapJack can SEE the worm move, and if it is too small he ignores it :oops:
What things does Ansel play with?

orangeansel

FlapJack16":30nq4vsx said:
orangeansel":30nq4vsx said:
=)

Yeah it does!
I would have to maybe get clear a clear plastic ball; unless FlapJack can SEE the worm move, and if it is too small he ignores it :oops:

Ansel likes the little fish that dangle off his olive branch and a shiny ring that also hangs there. I should look into getting him a lil ball too :mrgreen:

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
orangeansel":2y3qu9oc said:
FlapJack16":2y3qu9oc said:
orangeansel":2y3qu9oc said:
=)

Yeah it does!

Ansel likes the little fish that dangle off his olive branch and a shiny ring that also hangs there. I should look into getting him a lil ball too :mrgreen:

I'll let you know if I find something! I think FlapJack gets bored, plainly and simply. Poor little man :lol:

saraho

Hatchling Member
I bought a clear ball that I can put worms in (I think it's really for dwarf hamsters), but I feel bad when he tries to "play" with it. He can't get to the worms or roaches and I feel like I'm messing with his hunting instinct. He needs the payoff! I'd love to find something mentally stimulating for him but I've yet to come across anything he's interested in.

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
saraho":xrexvjcu said:
I bought a clear ball that I can put worms in (I think it's really for dwarf hamsters), but I feel bad when he tries to "play" with it. He can't get to the worms or roaches and I feel like I'm messing with his hunting instinct. He needs the payoff! I'd love to find something mentally stimulating for him but I've yet to come across anything he's interested in.

Hmm that is a good point...
I use reptifiles as a really solid source of info, and under "environmental enrichment" is just adding branches, plants, logs, hammocks etc. :)
https://reptifiles.com/bearded-dragon-care/bearded-dragon-temperatures-uvb/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom