Bearded dragon tip of tail slightly pinched in tank door

Status
Not open for further replies.

LexCheyan

Hi! So about two days ago, I wasn’t being careful and accidentally slightly closed my 3 year old beardie’s tip of his tail in the side of the tank door. It didn’t seem like it hurt him much, he slightly jumped away from it. Since then it doesn’t seem to bother him and he’s eating and sleeping regularly. There’s no big indentation and it’s only very slightly bled, but I’ve been so worried and need to know if I should be concerned or not.

I just created an account to post this and am not sure how to post pictures, any help is appreciated :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

Welcome to the forum.
Do you have any pictures of the tail you could post?
Most of the time, tail pinches from being closed in a tank door usually heal up, unless it broke it
or the skin. If it is that badly pinched, then the end portion should just dry up & eventually break
off.

Tracie

LexCheyan

Original Poster
111949-1091306592.jpg

Yes here, sorry about that, just found out where I was able to post an image! It’s probably nothing and I’m overreacting but I need to make sure just in case, thanks!

LexCheyan

Original Poster
Drache613":2718zjam said:
Hello!

Welcome to the forum.
Do you have any pictures of the tail you could post?
Most of the time, tail pinches from being closed in a tank door usually heal up, unless it broke it
or the skin. If it is that badly pinched, then the end portion should just dry up & eventually break
off.

Tracie

111949-1091306592.jpg

Yes here, sorry about that, just found out where I was able to post an image! It’s probably nothing and I’m overreacting but I need to make sure just in case, thanks! (I replied two ways, not sure if you’re able to see them both or not :))

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi ! From that pic it looks like it's going to be fine. You can be proactive and apply neosporin daily . If you see it develop any infection or just looking worse in general you might need to have it seen by a reputable reptile vet. Other than that, it looks O.K. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom