Bearded dragon Swollen toe/walking weird

albeardie

Original Poster
Hi! Probably isn’t the cause but wanted to just say incase :)
Is it possible her toe was bitten by an insect or bug? A couple of years ago my old boy Bruce started having issues with his toe swelling, eventually it got to the extent that he had to have it removed.He couldn’t walk on his foot anymore as it was so swollen and painful,he’d been on antibiotics and painkillers and I was bathing his toe but nothing helped.We worried it was a growth /tumour but turned out to be the mouth/pincers of a super worm that was stuck inside his toe! My Nan had been feeding Bruce while I was away for the weekend and I came home to a few stragglers in his tank but removed them and thought nothing more of it until my vet dissected his amputated toe and found the little pincers from a worm that had bitten his toe and got stuck inside his toe🤮
Hope your girl is doing ok and it starts to get better soon,again it’s probably not the cause but worth mentioning! :)
Before this my vet did try to get a tissue sample from his toe to test for cancer or any thing else but wasnt able to get a good sample.Maybe ask your vet about this?
She only eats insects from a bowl so I’m not sure if that would cause it but I will definitely bring it up at her next appointment! I will also see if they can do a tissue sample. Thank you so much for the help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She only eats insects from a bowl so I’m not sure if that would cause it but I will definitely bring it up at her next appointment! I will also see if they can do a tissue sample. Thank you so much for the help!
Lets have AHBD and Tracie look -- I am leaning towards shed --- but I want them to take a look
@AHBD
@Drache613

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I doubt that it is an injury from that type of hammock, it should be safe. It does look somewhat
like shed I agree. How long has it appeared swollen?
At this point, I don't think it is gout at all, but do keep an eye on this area to be sure it doesn't
continue to get more swollen.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom